WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey). SUNDAY NOVEMBER 28 2021

Wishing everyone a good week.   As for myself, I'm suffering from an overdose of The Disney Channel.......

• Diane:  Welcome home, but getting hit in the neck by a TV doesn't sound like fun. Glad you're doing better today.  Too bad the dogs were so demanding; hope the work goes smoothly....   I like the menu - scrolled all the way down to dessert - seems like coffee cake is their specialty (although I thought it was more of a breakfast item.  Of course, it if came with vanilla ice cream....

• Tempting to read DIANE’s menu. Nothing like our plain ol’ boring tea. Which I had better get prepared. . .
  • Everybody is somebody else’s weirdo.

I’m not weird, I’m a limited edition.

I feel like I’m diagonally parked in a parallel universe. (bumper sticker)

• I can absolutely identify with all of those, Aquilareen.  Earlier this month, after a long series of interesting questioning, I was added to an NHS waiting list to determine if I'm on the autistic spectrum.  It shouldn't take more than two years for me to be properly investigated ........... sigh.

• CLARE - I have a grandson who probably has Aspergers. Interestingly, his dad has very similar traits. They are both extremely intelligent, when they have an interest in something it becomes an obsessive interest and their knowledge is incredible.
  • DIANE - That fall must have been a shock. Thank goodness that the TV was OK....( and you).
    LINDY,- Ditto about Christmas and presents, etc. My two eldest granddaughters are going to do the trees etc. Good for Amy and Katie ! Years ago the oldest of all of them ( step grandchildren) used to have fun helping. Nowadays I'm afraid to say that it wouldn't get done at all if it was left up to me.

• Good Morning. Dry here & no trace of the snow now, but my OH has just returned from the golf course which has had be closed as its so wet.

AQ - Love those quotes! We are all a limited, unique edition.

Annette- Good that there are small bits of progress down there, you must feel that it's turned a your lives upside down. I hope your OH can cope without you.

Clare - It seems that many people are now being told they're on the autistic spectrum, even after years as adults who didn't know it affected them. Progress of sorts that at least a diagnosis is now possible. <hugs>

Diane -- My thoughts are with you. Sorry that you have been attacked by modern technology!! Seriously, please do take care of yourself. I hope the remainder of your project goes well.
  • Heather - I see you came on whilst I was rambling. I still love Christmas, and the house quickly resembles a Christmas grotto once I get to the decorating. It takes several days as I decorate the whole of our downstairs. Just doing the tree takes best part of a day. But it's the presents which are always a bugbear. We all hate waste, so we ask each other what are their requests, which is the difficult bit. Won't go into details but it gets harder every year!!
  • Unknown said:
    CLARE - I have a grandson who probably has Aspergers. Interestingly, his dad has very similar traits. They are both extremely intelligent, when they have an interest in something it becomes an obsessive interest and their knowledge is incredible.

Have either of them asked for a diagnosis?  I can completely identify with the obsessive interest  ........ crows and gulls, for starters.