WEEKLY CHAT (Non Osprey) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21st

Hallo all:  Finally got a chance to start the thread but oh my,  I'm nodding off.  Will have to catch up tomorrow......

• Yet another week when I have fallen way behind with everyones news.

I did notice a few comments about my visit to the dentist. Thank you but I am afraid the tooth couldn't be saved. I came home minus a tooth feeling fragile and a little sorry for myself. The next morning I met up with my friend who had to have her right leg amputated earlier this year. She has a right to feel sorry for herself, but continues to smile. On Monday she got a new prosthetic which is new on the market and much lighter than before. She will now have to relearn again how to walk as this will need a different technique.
  • ANNETTE - posting time overlapped again! Sorry your Daughter is so frustrated - terrible for her having to be told she must stay in hospital. Know how she feels - I was ready to fight anyone who tried to keep me in, and mine wasn't even covid - I just felt totally imprisoned each day I was kept there!
  • DIBNLIB - hello to you too! Sorry you had to say goodbye to the tooth. I am sure your friend will have helped you to feel better about it.
  • OG - Sounds as if you are all as busy as ever, there. Glad you survived the nasty storm: we had pretty wild winds here, and we were only on the edge of things, so I can imagine it being quite scary there. We awoke to the view of next doors trampoline up against their hedge & trying to escape from the garden, and lots of their plastic toys higgledy piggledy (?) everywhere.

Have not heard a word from my niece since her sad news: no idea about the funeral or even whether it has already taken place. My nieces are both in their thirties and one has a young child. I have never met either of them. It certainly is a strange feeling that I'm one of the few left of what was once a fairly big family - my nearest blood relatives now apart from my two sons are three or four cousins, most of whom I never see except at funerals. My kind sis-in-law said "Never mind, you've got all of us!" meaning her big family - I was touched.

• Dibnlib - You came on whilst I was having three goes at writing the above. Sorry you lost the tooth in the end - teeth are no fun, are they? Your brave friend will no doubt conquer her new leg: she sounds such a determined person. Good luck to her.
  • Dibnlib - You came on whilst I was having three goes at writing the above. Sorry you lost the tooth in the end - teeth are no fun, are they? Your brave friend will no doubt conquer her new leg: she sounds such a determined person. Good luck to her.
  • LOL!! You got three doses of me there - no idea why :-))

It's become really cold here, so I have a rug over my knees even though the heating is on full blast. According to the internet it's minus 3 degrees tonight.