Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• CC - wrote a post to you, but it has disappeared! Your pot roast looks delicious. Glad your weekend was a success. I have a friend who is vulnerable because of several health conditions, and she has had to isolate from the world with just her husband ever since the beginning of the pandemic. She really misses not just singing in the choir, but also all the friendships which it brings. 

Enjoy yourself!

• Annette: Wow, what a surprise for you, to see your neighbours treasures. I think I would have been a couple of hours playing with/on those machines! How unusual.
  • Phew! Who turned up the heat? It’s nudging 34 C in Adelaide.

• An addiction to gardening is not all bad when you consider all the other choices in life. (Cora Lea Bell)

You can bury any number of headaches in a garden. (Charles Barnard)

Money cannot buy happiness, except at the garden centre.

• I agree with the garden centre quote, AQ!!

Good Morning. I've been awake since 5.45am as normally I would wake at around 7.00am and my body clock takes two months to adapt to the hour change. <sigh>
  • Unknown said:
    For pain, medical marijuana has been a boon for my friend. I do not know what the status is for using it in the UK. But I can say I have seen reliable results for everyone for whom it has been prescribed. And helps a lot with relaxed sleeping as well. Chronic pain is exhausting and miserable.

Three years ago it became legal for the NHS to prescribe medical cannabis here.  However only a handful of prescriptions have been given (to children with severe epilepsy) and, for the most part, the NHS will not give it.  I'm absolutely desperate for them to trial it for pain as Limpy spends every waking hour in excruciating pain.  He's on four different prescription painkillers (including morphine) but the combination of the four do no more than take the edge off the pain.  The long-term effects of morphine are all too well-known and I would give a lot for him to no longer need such a deadly drug.  We can't afford to go to a private doctor and Limpy will not break the law and get it illegally (and he'd have my full backing if he decided to take this course of action).  To say I'm at my wit's end over this is the year's understatement.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• {{HUGS}} to you and Limpy, Clare.

Heather, just a bit of fun. Seriously, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling too perky. It's that time of year, too, when things feel a bit glum as the winter approaches.
  • Clare, ever since I began posting on RSPB, I have become aware that Limpy has continually struggled with pain. I am SO sorry NHS has showed such reluctance in the wake of legal permissions, and in the light of the opioid crisis now epidemic in at least the USA. And in light of Limpy's sevice, it's shameful. I can only pray the two of you, and all the others who truly truly deserve more thoughtful consideration, soon receive plain old MERCY.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• AQ, It may be 34 C down under, but right here, it seems to be edging down to 34 F...! Of course, I am exaggerating, but it will be in the 40's this coming week. Winter is coming.

I did go to my chorus rehearsal last night. It was good to sing in person, since I am new to singing in a group, and I felt safe inside with my singer's mask. We have a few performances I have deadlines for learning harmonies for, so I really need to get busier with that. It does feel good to hear the ringing harmonies, and that is a motivation.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs