Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week! 

Please check back to last week's thread to see all of Clare's phenomenal photography from her trip to Mull!!! You won't be sorry!

• For anyone who enjoyed my Mull photos - I can highly recommend this thread, which appeared yesterday.  It's absolutely stunning.

• Hope its sprinkling on your garden plants, AQ!!

Good Morning. Very misty here. I'm off to get my booster jab today, & hoping that they'll give me the flu one at the same time - Sue had hers both together last Monday and has had no ill effects.
  • Fingers crossed, Lindy. It looks like Limpy will be called for his booster later this month - our surgery explained yesterday that it had to be given at least six months after his second jab, which he had back in April. I should get mine towards the end of November.
  • Clare, thanks for the link to the great photos.
  • Yes - thank you, Clare, for the link to Mike's photographs. It would be good to know where they were taken ...

Grey and damp yet again here ... it's getting really boring. Although we did have some sun yesterday afternoon. The forecast says grey and damp until Monday and then heavy rain. Ho hum ...
  • LINDY Sorry Bonnie caught and killed a squirrel. I am sure she didn't mean to. Our red squirrels are back in force here and never a day goes without seeing them in the woods or in our garden. Luckily Benson doesn't seem to notice them.
  • Pat O said:
    Yes - thank you, Clare, for the link to Mike's photographs. It would be good to know where they were taken ...

He's now posted an itinerary.  As I suspected, he took them all over Scotland - including Mull!  What a trip he had.

• Thank you, Clare. Yes, I have seen his itinerary - wonderful trip, and so pleased he included Mull! :Like you and Limpy, he certainly made the most of the 'photo-opportunities' along the way, and so pleased he shared the experience with us. Of course I want to see all the other hundreds of pictures he took - just as I want to see the thousands you took!
  • Pat O said:
    I want to see the thousands you took!

You don't.  Some of them are terrible.

I loved his photos but I can't help but notice he didn't include any crows or gulls.  Loved his gannets in particular - I must be in the minority of people who visit Bempton Cliffs to primarily see the gannets rather than the puffins.  I love seeing the puffins but gannets are special.

• Gannets are such striking birds - love 'em!

Went for my booster jab - 1st disappointment was the size of the queue. 2nd disappointment was being told they weren't doing flu jabs at the same time. Boo. 3rd disappointment was being handed a leaflet which said it was only one of 2 jabs I would need! Had no idea it was in 2 parts.     :-((