Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week! 

Please check back to last week's thread to see all of Clare's phenomenal photography from her trip to Mull!!! You won't be sorry!

• Some interesting buildings there, Kate. The only one I'd previously heard of is the Great Mosque of Djenne - that's definitely one of those buildings you don't forget once you've seen it (or pictures of it, in my case!).
  • Good Morning. Dry here but definitely colder - not surprised as we've had unseasonably warm weather for a while now.

Heather, you & family seem to have a lot going on - hope it all resolves OK.

My OH had a call from one of his golfing buddies last night -- he had been suffering with a bad cold but has now taken a test and its confirmed that he has covid. Thankfully he is fully vaccinated so although not feelng great, should recover. My OH saw him last a week ago, & they met in the fresh air so hopefully he can't have caught it.
  • SunnyKate -- Thanks for the great link. What truly staggering buildings!!
  • Lindy: I hope your OH wasn't infected. What a worry for you...
  • I finally got around to uploading a few scenic snaps from my smaller camera (I don't photograph scenery very much) - I thought you might like to see these:

This is the Corran ferry, on the Ardgour side of Loch Linnhe.  We actually got to cross free of charge, courtesy of Limpy's Blue Badge.  What a contrast to home, where he can't even park in a council car park without having to pay.

The very pretty town of Tobermory, from the distillery side of the harbour.

It was a very pleasant surprise to be able to just drive in and park almost anywhere - free of charge!  The Blue Badge spaces were conveniently located near the Fisherman's Pier (and the fish and chip van).

This is from the slipway in Fionnphort.  I loved the pink rocks!

That's Iona in the distance.  We didn't cross on this occasion as it looked choppy.

Finishing with the B&B where we stayed.  We had breakfast in that conservatory every morning ........ yummy!

Hope you enjoy these.

• Thanks, CLARE, for photos of scenery. Hope all goes well for your booking next year.

LINDA - I assume you and OH are taking recommended twice-a-week covid tests since you go out and about so much. I hope he will be okay this time.

Got to go to the surgery for my blood tests later this morning. Well overdue (like last December29th original date). Looks like dry weather for getting in and out of car - just not sure where we can park to get chair out of back and me out of side!
  • Clare Lovely scenery,..Thank you so much,

always good to see
    Tobermory.....( Balamoray...Tobermory, on the Isle of Mull was selected for the Children’s T.V programme Balamory, because of its beautiful location, and, more importantly, its multi-coloured houses. The theme of the programme was based around what happens in and around each coloured house.)
    Brings back  wonderful memories of the children., watching these...

• Clare - What can I say about your photographs? They are wonderful!! I like that view of Tobermory from the distillery.
    And so pleased you were tempted by the fish and chip van! Hope one of the regular seals popped its head up to say 'hello' at Fionnphort. Sorry you didn't get over to Iona this time - hopefully you'll make it next year. If you - or anyone else - would like to see more, there was a programme on BBC1 on Sunday called 'Scotland's Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle'. Available on i-player. Almost half the programme was on Iona, with visits to Tiree, Coll and the Treshnish Islands as well. Brilliant programme - and three more to come in the series. (Isn't it interesting there is so much on here about Scottish islands at the moment ... )

Lindy - Do hope your OH didn't pick up the virus from his golfing partner. There's still a lot of it about.
  • Pat O said:
    Hope one of the regular seals popped its head up to say 'hello' at Fionnphort.

No ........ but we did see one two weeks ago at Fishnish as we were waiting for the ferry!

• Kate, I followed your link and wow what a beautiful treasure of unusual sights. I am saving it.

SunnyKate2 said:
    www.bbc.co.uk/.../world-africa-58855205