Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week! 

Please check back to last week's thread to see all of Clare's phenomenal photography from her trip to Mull!!! You won't be sorry!

• DIANE – Thank you and yes CLARE’s photos are worth repeat viewings.

• Just a thought

If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment. (Carlos Santana)

• You're both very kind.  I'm putting a link to Part One here - there are links to the next thread on the other three parts.

Right, time to catch up with my photos from my last visit to Minsmere ........!

• Good Morning. Thank you to Diane for starting us off once again.

We returned safely after good journeys both there and back, although I read this morning that yesterday afternoon, a sinkhole opened up on the M5!!!! Glad we didn't fall into it,!! LOL!!

Had a lovely visit and met our son, wife & grandchildren in the park, where fun was had by all.

• Lovely photos, Lindy. I'm very glad you didn't come across that sinkhole!
  • Awh!!! Bless her,
    looks as though she was ready for that snuggly sit down, and maybe wishing you did not have to leave.
  • She was ready for a sleep after all the excitement!

• DIANE - thanks for the new week.

LINDA - pleased the visit and journeys went well.

CLARE - wonderful pictures - thanks so much for sharing.

E-E is using the spare morning (no service - still don't know why) to clean the shower rooms. J has gone to his church (Church of Scotland - he seems to be settling there this time) - he walked down into town "to save petrol"! Intending to start some baking preparation this afternoon - make mincemeat and boil the fruit for a couple of Canada Cakes to bake tomorrow.

E-E received appt letter (the famous blue envelope) for covid booster and flu vaccinations - haven't had mine yet!
  • Some lovely pics,  thank you CLARE and LINDY.

We were away for a few days last week.  First we went to see friends who live on the Isle of Seil.  They have the most magnificent fews and from their window you can see The Bridge over the Atlantic.  We took the dogs out just after we arrived  (They have 3 chocolate labs who Benson has met before) and took a bit of a climb to get more views,  this time we were looking at the island oft mentioned on here, The Isle of Mull.  Next morning our friends took us for a drive round this lovely island.  They bought the house about 7 years ago, and had extensive renovations done.   Once completed they were ready for friends to visit,  guess what......lockdown.  We had originally planned to visit in July/August but of course we delayed because of OHs Dad.  From Seil we drove to Pitlochry where we spent 2 nights.  Although we had driven this route before it was many years ago we had forgotten how stunning it is.  Seil is quite lovely and we look forward to returning next year.  It is where much of "Ring of Bright Water" was filmed.  We also look forward to spending another Christmas at Pitlochry.  First photo is the bridge and although we didn't see any, our friends have often seen otters at play, seemingly not bothered by people or dogs!