Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. Healing and recovered health to those who are ailing. Good journeys to those who are traveling.

Check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's lovely and interesting photos. 

• Dropping in early this morn as I hope to beat the site’s usual slow start to month.

CLARE – Brilliant photos. . . and the commentary adds to the pleasure.

PAT – Plan B is worth repeating!

LINDA – Glad you are home safely.

• Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone? (Erma Bombeck)

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. (Mark Russell)

Everyone is a foreigner somewhere.

• aquilareen said:
    Dropping in early this morn as I hope to beat the site’s usual slow start to month.

AQ -     Had to get my old brain working,...

at first I thought,,,but today is Friday not Sunday,then realised you on the ball,naturally...CHOL:):)

But having been around a few threads, no probs and  realised......... Yay!!!no slowness

• CLARE: I loved your photos. Congrats on seeing the merlin!
  • KATE – I agree – Yay, no slowness. Sorry to confuse you! I may be obsessive compulsive about time & dates but I feel I need to keep track of my appts and OH’s appts, not to mention birthdays, etc. A rather important b-day this Sunday when Miss9 will reach “double figures”. She has been anticipating it for ages; I hope she is not disappointed that life will be much the same.

A quick trip to library this morn for my reading “fix”. Wearing a mask spoils my browsing. . .

• aquilareen said:
    Everyone is a foreigner somewhere.

Absolutely spot on.  Many people in this country would do well to remember that, especially when they go abroad.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG: Sorry about the meltdown. I hope you're feeling calm and serene now. I also hope the new washing machine is serving you well.

All: I forgot to say that I walked up the hill to the little general store in the small town, and on the way I saw 4 Black Vultures. That's our newly arrived species that chewed up the rubber on my windshield wipers a while back. Apparently, they are staying in my vicinity. (My car is dead anyway, so I'm not worried about it.)
  • Good Morning. Not had my breakfast yet, which is unusual, but I got up late after a tiring day y'day.

Talk of black vultures and merlins...how exciting. I haven't had time yet to go back and look at Clare's pics but will, later.

October has crept up on us!
  • Yes, LINDY, Autumn has arrived here, too.
    OG - I hope that your calmer frame of mind has continued. I imagine that the new,washing machine will be helping. Three weeks washing for three people is a lot ! Also glad that you had a visit from your son in law.
    I've had a call from one of my daughters and have now lost my train of thought here ...
  • My trains of thought rush in and out of the station, Heather....