Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. Healing and recovered health to those who are ailing. Good journeys to those who are traveling.

Check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's lovely and interesting photos. 

• How to find UK stations with fuel and how to know which stations have the longest queues. (Just trying to help. :-)
    READ HERE

• Thanks, Diane! I'll be looking at that when I'm a bit more awake.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG - Good to hear you sounding positive even if too wet for you to go out.

CLARE - I hope you & LIMPY are not stranded without fuel. Safe journey home.

Weekly food shop was more expensive than usual – what on earth did I buy? After lunch (mini pizza each from bakery), I extracted weeds for 20 mins with one ear on the thunder rumbling to the north, before it moved to the east where the sky looked very black over the Hills. Soon after I came inside some heavy drops fell. The paths look wet but airport gauge has recorded only 0.2 mm. And thunder is still rumbling in distance. 2 hours!

• Nothing improves the weather like cancelling a picnic.

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. (Dolly Parton)

Take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

• Crafers in Adelaide Hills had 40 mm rain in an hour. The Freeway through Hills was closed during storm due to ice & hail. Goodness gracious, that’s our Spring this week! It still looks very black to the east.

• Good Morning. Dry here now after early showers: last night as we sat down to dinner, we heard rumbling above, and within 2 minutes we had a full thunderstorm with bright flashes of lightening, and enormous bangs. Later, it stopped raining so heavily but you do wonder where it all comes from (Australia?)

AQ - Our food shops are also rising in price. Mind you, everything but the weather, here, is blamed on Brexit which still rankles with half of the population, who voted Remain. The government are also being blamed for the queues at the petrol stations, but they are only partly responsible, as the media whipped everyone up with talk of "panic buying" when they could have just mentioned "shortages."

• Yesterday's view from the cafe on the cliffs:

• They had put this display of shells on the windowsill for everyone to enjoy.

• Lindy, those views are lovely! Clare, I hope you and Limpy find fuel enough to put you back in your own beds. Here, they are talking about "toilet paper and water shortages" and I feel much the same about media hype driving stupidity.

That said, I'll be using plenty of fuel this morning as I embark *on yet another* 6 hour trip down to Philly area. This time for soul line dancing fun. I'll be back in a couple days, hopefully to stay put for a good while!

No need for anyone to feel obligation to acknowledge my posts--I have a hard time keeping everything straight myself, but I do like reading what everyone is up to! Stay safe, with bits all together!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Wednesday. After a serious meltdown last evening, I am feeling calmer and stronger today. Probably our quietest day this week: J walked to town for his prescription and OH caught up with a few small things this morning. Looks as if there is a new volunteer for church communications – facebook and website – she wants OH to tell her details of administrators etc for the sites before she decides.

LINDA – love the Petrol/Doctor joke – but the whole thing really is getting beyond a joke! I am confused – are you already back in Wales at the café on the cliffs? No thunder here.

CLARE – glad you enjoyed what you were able to do on Mull – cheapest fuel in these parts is at Asda in Kingstown, Carlisle, but probably too late to help you today.

PAT – hope you can get out for a walk soon. We actually have a bright sunny day but supposed to rain after four o’clock.

AQ – interesting weather pattern around Adelaide!

CC – a lot of driving about for you again! Hope all goes well.

Time for my shower now – has to be fitted in when convenient for OH to help.