Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 September 2021

• Good evening, all. I'd appreciate knowing if Limpy and I need to bring proof of our vaccinations to Scotland or if there are any Covid-related measures we need to be aware of? Things are pretty relaxed south of the border.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, no vax certs required but masks are required in shops etc. Hope you have lovely time. Hi everyone else will try to pop in from time to time.

Kind regards

Jenny

• Thanks, Jenny. How are you? It's nice to see you posting.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - They didn't stop me at the border. I did wear a mask when in shops or anywhere else indoors. They seem to be sort of relaxed in overnight accommodation, although my hosts in Perth wore masks all the time. None of the guests did, though. When do you leave? I want to track your trip - I'm sooo green with envy!
  • We'll arrive on Mull on Thursday afternoon/evening, all being well.

• How exciting, Clare -- I do hope you both have a wonderifullous time. :-))
  • Clare - Great. I'll be wishing you a good crossing - it's a pretty ride across from Oban. Are you staying in one place? Hope it's somewhere nice and central so you can get around to lots of places. I hope you havve the most wonderful time ... it's a magical place.
  • M U L L

Oh, Mull! Your fields are calling me

Your coasts with birds a plenty

You know we need to breathe your air

And then relax, so gently.

As we arrive, we'll be so pleased 

To see your Scottish welcome 

We'll stop and stare, at your clean views

Where no man stands and nature rules --

Where wild things live in harmony with

All around so green:

The shades of blue upon the sea,

the most we've ever seen.

After a while, we'll feel as one 

With nature and her favourite son

Whose name is Joy, or is it John?

He knows the earth we live upon is all the richer for our sharing

With birds and seals and dolphins.

Caring.

• In reply to Lindybird:

That's a lovely poem, Lindy!!!
  • Lindybird: Very nice. Now I want to go with Clare and Limpy too.