Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Monday, 6 September, or Tuesday, 7 September, depending on your location.

I hope everyone has a happy week full of joy and love!

(Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane!)

• Clare! "Blokes ........ sigh."

Keeping an eye on you! LOL

MtB
  • aquilareen said:
    Dartmoor - that's all it is, really, just a lot of Moor....” But that’s what I wanted to experience!

I live here on the edge of the Moor, one of the last truly wild places., you need to get your boots on  and WALK into the Moor.

Many a weekend we have wild camped,with our youngster and friends,and of course it sets wonderful challenges to our young, with the Yearly 'Ten tors'

Here are a few wikipedia links, The prisons situation has made and still makes it one of the safest,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dartmoor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wistman%27s_Wood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Prison_Dartmoor

• I appreciated that at the time, SunnyKate. It needs to be an experience and the only way to do that is to walk around it yourself. At the time we were there, we had two young sons who would have thought it was he** to just stomp around. We had to head for the coast where there was more for them to do!
  • I grew up in Plymouth and lived in Tavistock for six years before decamping to Scotland. I loved Dartmoor, many happy picnics etc. But you have to know,where to go....
  • Oh Diane, so happy to hear of your "windfall" and ensuing relief! Strange fate to have your car then inform you it was at the end of its life, just as you have found a new client and can afford a new one, Also, I was warmed by hearing of your beautiful new chicken friend!

Regarding chickens, I also grew up with chickens my dad kept for eggs. I used to talk to them through the fence. To this day, I do such a convincing hen-laying-an-egg crow, any chicken close by will freeze in their tracks, as they will do. If I cluck, they come over to inspect the strange huge chicken with a weird accent.

Annette, I do not have a telescope as I am a rank amateur stargazer. I think the app is Star Guide, and I must download it before searching out an adequately darkened yet clear sky!

AQ: I also house friendly spiders since they eat bugs, but I have to squash the centipedes...ewww.

Delectable weather here in Rochester, NY. Yesterday, Labor Day, I went out for a walk in the breezy sunny dry day with fairy tale puffy white clouds in the blue sky. Saw an osprey flying up the little lake in the park, a pair of hummingbirds, and a many in between.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Diane-so happy to hear your good news! Not so good about the car but maybe good in the end. I know I don't post often but I read everyone's posts and worry and fret over everyone's struggles and rejoice over their good news.
  • bjane, That is so kind of you, to wish us all well. I think of you more often than you realise!
  • Hi to all from a sultry Suffolk! I am finally back at base after 2 mammoth Nanny Duty stints and I am so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

My drive from Northamptonshire was fine for the first 2.5 hours then bumper to bumper for the last hour - all in the sun without sunglasses!

Diane -  Good to hear you fantastic but well deserved news - you can relax a bit now and take time to get things done.

Have read all of this weeks posts but can't reply to all - so just to say all with ailments - I hope things improve for you all and enjoy the sunshine before the weather turns and Autumn is upon us.

Take care all

• Harelady - Good to hear from you. I set out on my mammoth drive to Scotland tomorrow, and very much hope it's not bumper to bumper - although the M40 and M6 do have a reputation ... I wish I was as young as I used to be, when I would do Sussex to Scotland in a day. Not going to risk that any more, at least not going up. I might come back a bit more quickly than I go up!

Diane - So pleased you have now got what rightfully belongs to you. Shame it has taken so long - but well worth persevering. Hopefully you will be able to find the right vehicle for the right price. And so pleased to hear about the new contract as well.

I'll be a bit hit-and-miss for the next week or so, but I will try to keep up!