Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Monday, 6 September, or Tuesday, 7 September, depending on your location.

I hope everyone has a happy week full of joy and love!

(Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane!)

• CC: It must be so fascinating to watch the transition from caterpillars to butterflies. Nature is magical. You were very wise when you decided to build your home to accommodate aging. 

Heather: I hope you can make a house decision that will bring you peace. I know it's not easy, and it's scary because you don't know what you will regret.

Lindy and AQ: You've both made comments recently indicating that you're feeling poorly. I hope it's temporary and you both feel better. Sending you good energy. 

Lindy: Your recent photos from Wales were lovely.

Clare: I went back to your recent posts and looked at your photos. They were wonderful, and I enjoyed all of them. Loved the Titchwell pics. You've become such a talented photographer. Very impressive.

Annette: I hope your sciatica is now easing off.

Hello to bjane, Pat O, Lynette, Harelady, Rosy, Gardenbirder, SunnyKate2, Limpy, nairnred, and dibnlib. 

I'm now caught up with all of your news. My attention to this thread was hit or miss there for a while--a lot going on in my life. 

• Diane:  Any news on those unemployment benefits you finally got to apply for or is it too early to hope for a response?    Don't worry about keeping caught up with us; take care of yourself.  Hugs from "the Coast"  :-)).

• Annette: The state loaded all the benefit money I was due onto the debit card I was issued when I applied for the unemployment program! There was a deposit for every week since I'd applied, all the way back to July of 2020 when I lost my freelance client due to the COVID crisis. I sat in my chair and literally wept with joy and relief for half an hour. 

Recently, I was parking my car at the supermarket and I softly bumped the curb. Unknown to me, the frame of my car had rusted through and it broke. My car made an unholy sound and collapsed. The wrecker guy said I was darned lucky it didn't happen while I was driving on the road! So, it can't be repaired, and I need to buy a used car (or, I hope, a pickup truck). I just signed a contract for a new freelance project, and I can spend the money I'll earn from that job to buy the car or truck. Then, I can use the unemployment money to begin the critical repairs on my house. My life is now much less stressful! Phew!

• DIANE

What absolutely wonderful news,to read before anything else this morning.

Bless you,and hope the new contract as well, will give you some much needed peace of mind,and stability going forward.

My goodness how the guardian angels must have been working overtime for your safety.Thank goodness.

Please,try and be kind to yourself, to enjoy the relief.

Big Hugs.

• SunnyKate2: Thanks so very much. You're very kind!

• Good Morning. Misty over the fields, here, which gives a magical view from our window of the golden stubble left behind, after the wheat had been harvested recently. Another warm day predicted for all of the UK.

Diane: You've put a smile on my face, too, after hearing your good news. I do hope you can find a reliable vehicle to keep you on the roads, and that your house repairs are not too costly. You certainly deserve some good luck after your recent struggles.

As we talked in the garden yesterday, I could see two large dragonflies circling us- no idea where they come from as there is no water near us except perhaps the very small stream running through the fields in the distance.
  • My OH got ready to go out for a hot mornings golf: he put on a shirt which we decided last weekend was destined for the "Going to the allotment or working in the garden" pile, rather than one of half a dozen more suitable and much newer ones hanging in the wardrobe <sigh>
  • LINDA – You wrote “Dartmoor - that's all it is, really, just a lot of Moor....” But that’s what I wanted to experience!

DIANE – Thanks for caring. I’m OK, perhaps just a fed-up-ness wearing me down. I have hopes for an outing later this week. Lovely that your plusses (benefit & new project) able to counter your minuses (car).

• Tips to surviving Australia:-
    Don't ever put your hand down a hole for any reason whatsoever. We mean it.
    Do not attempt to use Australian slang, unless you are a trained linguist and good in a fistfight.
    Take good maps. Stopping to ask directions only works when there are people nearby.
    Even in the most embellished stories told by Australians, there is always a core of truth that it is unwise to ignore.

• Lindybird said:
    My OH got ready to go out for a hot mornings golf: he put on a shirt which we decided last weekend was destined for the "Going to the allotment or working in the garden" pile, rather than one of half a dozen more suitable and much newer ones hanging in the wardrobe <sigh>

Blokes ........ sigh.

Limpy has just turned the TV on to the Sky football ......... I'm now listening to some quiet Megadeth to make sure I don't hear it.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.