LOCH OF THE LOWES - AUGUST 2021 to end of FEBRUARY 2022

• In reply to Sandra :

18:38 LR2 onto the perch. He flew in from behind the cam on the left

Preening

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

Cont'd...

He flew off at 19:20

LR2 headed towards the birch then when reaching there, he flew left out of view

Within moments, while calling, he took flight across to the opposite side of the Loch then did a quick u-turn back to the birch area. With him calling, I'm hoping that he spotted Laddie close by

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

Back to the nest at 19:43. It looked like he'd taken a bath, his feathers were quite wet

Onto the perch

A shake of his feathers

Flown at 20:08

He flew over towards the far trees on the left and, at one stage, I thought he'd landed there but he continued over the birch

©SWT/LotL

• In reply to Sandra :

Sandra, any sightings of Laddie with regard to his leg?

Richard B

• In reply to Richard G B:

Hi Richard, I haven't seen him today. I was hoping, with LR2 coming back to the nest, Laddie would deliver a fish to him

• In reply to Sandra :

Posted by Lowes on Twitter (also on their Fb page) a great first sighting of FR2(15)

• In reply to Sandra :

Sandra P said:
    Posted by Lowes on Twitter (also on their Fb page) a great first sighting of FR2(15)

Great news! One of 3 chicks in the year that LM12 and LF15 first bred

• In reply to Korky:

Thanks for the information, Korky. I've just had a quick look through the blogs for 2015 and found that FR2 was the only one out of the three not to be satellite tagged. There's a lovely picture of them on the nest within the ringing blog here

Edit - It wasn't stated as to what FR2's gender was at the time, but looking at the pics posted today, it appears to be a male?

• In reply to Sandra :

Sandra P said:

Edit - It wasn't stated as to what FR2's gender was at the time, but looking at the pics posted today, it appears to be a male?

On the question of gender, looking at LR2's size, pronounced necklace and tendency to stay, I'm wondering if he might be female.

• In reply to Geemeff:

Morning Geemeff and all,

Yes, it is questionable isn't it though I did notice, when they were on the nest together, that LR1 was slightly larger than LR2.

From scroll back, at around 6:35, a GSW was on the perch. Possibly 2 Ospreys on the birch?

A Raven shooed it off

It flew off to the birch area. This scene was a few minutes later, LR2? on his favourite branch, Raven on the lower right

7:46ish I heard a few distant Osprey calls, nothing seen

8:26 A GSW popped onto the front edge of the nest 

LR2 is 99 days old

BBL

SWT/LotL