Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 July 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week!

Check back to last week's thread, because there were a lot of posts at the end.

This little Eastern Screech Owl reflects my level of energy and overall attitude this evening. LOL!!!

Eastern Screech Owl
Shenandoah National Park
U.S. National Park Service NPS/M. Meisel
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (Copyright Free)

• Quiet on here yesterday: we are missing OG and her input.

LOL! AQ, re the ice comment!

Sunny here but pleasant. Everyone you see seems much happier, except a woman in the front of me in the Aldi queue yesterday, when I popped in for milk - "I love the heat!" she announced. I thought, well you're on your own, there.....

My OH has renewed some insurance over the phone, and then gone off to the allotment. He looks better today but its no good asking him how he's feeling, as he's one of the "Don't complain" brigade and might only mutter. I feel much better myself and am hoping for normality by the time I've had my second cup of tea today. (Incidentally, for those not in UK, last Tuesday has been announced as the hottest day so far this year. Most places had about 30 degrees in the shade.)

• LINDY - Yes, OG is missed. I'm hoping to hear that she will be home soon.
    I Its been good to hear that PAT and HARELADY have been visiting family and that LINDYS family are enjoying Wales.
    In two weeks time I will be having visitors, my son and family. Five in all ! I haven't seen my daughter in law or the children for almost two years. Little Emilia is now three, Bella is six and Sam is fourteen.
    My youngest son in law is going offshore today at short notice. He had hoped to have a few more days at home with the family but it doesn't work that way, sadly !
  • Morning all: Thanks to those who provided smiles for this morning. Have some running around to do early today; will catch up later.
  • Now back from visiting the family. Thank goodness my journey took only half the time of the outward one on Friday - just three hours. Still lots of traffic going west - is there any room left in Devon and Cornwall, I wonder? But not a lot coming east - a very short hold-up at Stonehenge, as always, and a long crawl at the M3/M25 junction, as always. Other than that - very good.

It was so good to do 'family' things again. I had forgotten how tiring being with a now five-year-old can be, and I am now officially shattered! Early night tonight, I think! And we have arranged my next visit - at the end of August, just before school starts. Something to look forward to.

Hope all those who have been ailing are recovering and enjoying the slightly cooler weather. I like the heat, but last week was a bit much even for me - high humidity makes it worse, of course. And now the floods. My bowls club had to cancel their competition yesterday because the green looked like a swimming pool! A neighbour who was brought up in Uganda said the weather yesterday was worse than tropical storms and went on for much longer. Glad I wasn't hear - we had no rain in Somerset yesterday!
  • Lindybird said:

Limpy and I would be very hard to kidnap, then!

• Another quiet day on here. The big news from our corner of the world is that we had about 10 minutes of rain today. Sounds like Heather is about to be overrun with family and PatO is recovering from family. I'm officially recovered (takes longer each time!).
  • LINDA – We have heat-lovers here too. On the hottest days everyone in our street closes windows except one lady who has the hot wind blowing heat & dust inside.

Our state had no new covid cases yesterday and our lockdown will end 12.01 am tomorrow (Wed), changing to Level 3 restrictions for at least next week. My shopping list of forgotten items ready & waiting! I shall defer camera outings & lunches (School-Friend & I had to cancel yesterday’s lunch). Victoria will end their lockdown too but NSW numbers continue to rise.

• Alcohol doesn’t make you fat, it makes you lean. . . against tables, walls and ugly people (t shirt)

I eat cake because it is somebody’s birthday somewhere. (t shirt)

One doughnut doesn't do a thing. You've got to eat twenty a day for five weeks before you get results. (Renee Zellweger)

• Good Morning. Warm but cloudy here, with showers forecast for the1st time in ages. The garden needs it - we don't water the whole garden, just certain areas, and the pots of course.

AQ - Good that the situation is so calm that they can now lift your lockdown. Hope you can get out and about again, soon.

Pat - Glad you survived your family visit- now sit down and exhale!!

Not heard from my brother again, of course, in spite of his brief description of their situation. I wrote full of questions-- did they both have jabs? Has he been allowed to visit his wife? (She's been in hospital for over 3 weeks) But I'm not expecting his reply any time soon as he's a poor communicator. <sigh>