DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JUNE 2021

• I scrolled back and it looked like Telyn pulled off and ate several pieces of the black bag before flying off with it--another point to stress with the public--ingesting plastic is not good for any creature!! They cannot know that it is not food.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Pleased to read that Telyn hasremoved the wretched bag but concerning to read that she ate some What is it with them this year just bringing these dangerous things to the nest and why are they around anyway?
    Currentlythechicks are asleep and Telyn is looking around on arather windy morning
  • Looking dry but extremely windy Telyn has the chicks well tucked nder her
  • To clarify, a Mod yesterday confirmed that Telyn did not actually eat any of the plastic bag. She was certainly seen to tear at it as if doing so but she was on the very edge of the screen and it seems she actually dropped the fragments. No doubt a review of another camera angle.
    Good news.

Birdies LG DU update.

• Thanks for that MIKE

One chick is using its sibling as a pillow whilst Telyn has a thorough preen

C MWT DOP

• In reply to Mike:

Thanks, Mike, I certainly hope she did not swallow anything, but then if she had, perhaps the plastic would be ejected along with the usual pellets containing scales, bones, etc.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    I certainly hope she did not swallow anything, but then if she had, perhaps the plastic would be ejected along with the usual pellets containing scales, bones, etc.

That's what I thought (if she had swallowed) when I was watching her behaviour - but I thought she was spitting out all the bits. 

I told her I hoped she'd disposed of it responsibly

Idris was watching Telyn eat:

Wonderful colour eyes:

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• The end stages of a feed and youngesthas lost interest
  • What an AMAZING tribute to dear Monty...

• How wonderful and what a tribute to such a fantastic bird........(what a pity LG couldn't have done some cooomeneration for dear EJ>>>sob)