Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week! Stay safe, friends.

• CLARE - Congrats to LIMPY for regaining his licence. My OH was annoyed when he lost his. Although I will drive him wherever, he still feels the loss of his independence.

HEATHER – Good news on new rental for Dau. Is your Dau who resigned she who was bullied? Fingers crossed g-dau (& class) is safe from covid.

To ALL with knee problems – Exercises do help by strengthening muscles to relieve joints.

My washing is hanging damply on the line, no wind, no sun. I have finished cleaning Sydney Harbour Bridge, sorry, I mean, cleaning the shower. I looked at the stove and decided the oven will keep longer. Yesterday I also made a big pot of Italian sausage soup. I have finished MissJ’s vest. This is the second one with much prettier multi-pinks (light to mid). I shall complete the gaudy one and ever so kindly donate it to charity. I’ve made appt for flu jab next Thurs. Now what else is on the list. . .

• Embarrassing my children is a full-time occupation.

Unattended children will be given an espresso and a new puppy. (sign in café)

Have you any idea how many children it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen?
    Three.
    It takes one to say “What light?” and two more to say, “I didn't turn it on.” (Erma Bombeck)

• I typed responses this morning, and our internet went out; I got busy and forgot to check back so it disappeared....

Heather:  Good for one daughter; not so good for the other (I assume - and AQ's question about the daughter with the problem colleague has me wondering too).  What a shame about the Covid case at the school; hope it all blows over; after all, the poor kids have only just got used to being back together. 

AQ:  Had to smile at Sydney Harbour Bridge - I on the other hand, feel as if I were on a treadmill with stop off points at supermarket, the kitchen and the cupboard with all the dusters and mops.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

• Good Morning. Weekend again, already. Everyone in UK is talking about Monday, when we get some more loosening of the rules, although everyone is not excited: I think some are a little scared of it. Very vague instructions on who we can hug, and whether we should. Of course, personally I'm looking forward to seeing and hugging my grandchildren again - we will do that next weekend.

Meanwhile we have booked to go out to lunch on Wednesday, indoors! Whoopee!

Sue has been trying to keep busy and has been looking online for a replacement dog. She looks after one of her sons' dogs a couple of times a week but misses having her own. She does not want a puppy but sadly a lot of the unwanted dogs have all kinds of problems.

Everyone have a good weekend!
  • HEATHER OH my goodness, You must be pleased about the rental and not happy about the rest.
  • HEATHER We have heard that things aren't too good in Moray. We met up with a friend who lives in Fochabers last Tuesday. We were hoping to meet up again at Brodie this week as her daughter is coming up from Oxford but I doubt that will now happen as it appears Moray is going to be a no go in or out area.
  • We went to Nairn this morning to check out a pair of trouser which I bought along with a matching top.  WE then took Benson for a nice walk at the beach.  We haven't been there for a good couple of years.  As you can see it is starting to get a little crowded!!!

• dibnlib - Your picture of Nairn beach took me back a few years when an international group of golfers (including me) stayed at the nearby hotel and played twice on the Nairn course. The weather wasn't particularly good while we were there, and the beach was about as crowded as in your picture. Lovely place - hope you and Benson enjoyed it.
  • Lindybird said:
    Very vague instructions on who we can hug

When I'm three weeks past my second jab and the same applies to the person I'm hugging!