Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Right after I took this, I must have dropped my warm hat on the ground as I missed it later - then when walking back, I saw it propped on a fence post by some kind person.

• By the path -- and near a ditch where Bonnie managed to get dirty feet, exploring!

• The little bay nearby. Sharp eyed will see that a dog has managed to sneak into the picture!

• Glad you got your hat back LINDY. If we find anything on our walks we try to put it somewhere it can be found.
  • Good afternoon from Sunny Suffolk and a very happy Nanny! My Daughter and her 2 girls - Seraphina and Luna, came on Saturday am and have just left to return to Silverstone, Northamptonshire. I missed all their birthdays and my Son's youngest Daughter Lily's 1st Birthday.

We have all adhered to the rules since the first lockdown so this is the first time I have seen them since last July. I know we can send photos and videos but its not the same as having a good hug and cuddle.

Yesterday we went to Aldeburgh but it was very cold and this morning to Southwold where it was much warmer. Lots of sandcastles built and a few wet trainers and socks but that's a small price to pay for happiness.

Glad to see you got to Wales Lindy - will you visit Dyfi? Its great seeing all the Ospreys returning once again.

For all that are suffering pains and discomfort, heat or cold, I hope things improve for you.

Once again - thank you for all your posts - and keep 'em coming.

Have a good week all.

• Morning all:

Harelady:  Great to see you and how nice it must've been to finally see the grandkids.  Yay!  

Diane:  We  had a similar program here called California Gold, which was hosted by Huell Howser.  He hailed from the South and was very folksy and corny at times, but well loved. The Covered Bridges host reminded me of him in that way.  Howser died some years back but over the decades he took viewers to all kinds of offbeat places around the state.   I enjoyed the Covered Bridges program; had no idea so many were concentrated in such a relatively small area.  I loved the bit about the guy who bought the mill alongside the bridge.

• Hello to all who have posted today, and those who haven’t.

DIANE – thanks for the new week. I wish you too a joyful and safe week. I wasn’t able to connect to the covered bridges video, but I have always loved seeing them at various times – so unique (I know this is bad grammar – one cannot have varying degrees of being unique).

LINDA – thank you for the many photos from yesterday and continuing today. It seems to be grey for many of us today, but at least it was dry for your walk and you have warm coats to wear.

DIBNLIB – imagining Benson sitting in his “Sunday spot”.

PAT – glad someone has a sunny day to see and smell the fruit blossoms!

HARELADY – so glad you could have visitors – surprised they could stay overnight (I can’t keep up with the English rules – bad enough trying to get it right in Scotland!)

Stay well, everyone, and I hope those who are in recovery continue to get better!
  • What a treat, Harelady. You must have been in heaven to finally see your family. So pleased for you.

We often go to see the ospreys at Glaslyn, which is the nearest nest to here, but it's not open to visitors at the moment (but there are 3 eggs laid this year so they are doing OK). We have been to Dyfi in the past but it's a longer drive.

Busy packing again now, off home in the morning.
  • Hello all and thank you Diane for another start to a new week. Will watch that documentary some time , it will at least give an insight as to where you are living etc. Looking forward to watching it.

Love the pics Lindybird, memories for me for that part of the world.

Scived off church today as Dau was revising her maths - she has an assessment tomorrow to whether she can go forward to some sort of exam .

Usual week of routine things to do, but off for second jab on Thursday and OH for his Aneurysm check up on Friday. Thankfully the last 2 scans have showed no growth in it.
  • Harelady - how lovely for you to have that reunion with your day and grandchildren. Silverstone is just down the road from where I live - well the other side of Northampton - we are in a village on the Market Harborough rd.