Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Sunday night/Monday morning in UK and US. I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week and finds some moments of joy. 

Here in Indiana, everyone is walking the woods and the fields searching the ground for morel mushrooms! It's a highly anticipated rite of spring here, and the mushrooms are very tasty! 

Morel Mushroom with Snails
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Warren Bielenberg/NPS
Photo labeled "Public domain" (copyright free)

• OG: I'm glad you're finding it easier to wake up in the mornings!

Clare: Well done on resuming your swimming and other exercise! Woo hoo!

Lindy: I hope you have a wonderful time on your long-awaited visit to Wales! Safe journey.

• I had an outing. So exciting - it was food shop day. I missed the sudden shower of rain, now the afternoon has soft blue sky. I get my exercise just crawling out of bed each morn LOL. I hope all the bruised, aching & injured feel much better soon.

• Just a thought

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. (Omar Khayyam)

• Good Morning. Very cold here so we have both the gas fire and the heating on. But bright sunshine to greet us. My OH and Bonnie are excited to be back, but I've been too busy and too tired to even go down to see the beach yet, since we arrived here yesterday at 4.00pm.
    Relieved to find everything here in good order apart from the odd clock battery needing attention. So glad I've brought lots of warm clothes!
    Hope you're feeling better now, Annette, although obviously you'll have to take it easy for a bit. Heather, those bruises might be colourful now, but I hope you're no worse for wear otherwise.
  • ANNETTE yes my friend is a very strong person and has an equally strong husband and 2 daughters in their early 30s who will all rally round. This past weekend they set up a gazebo in the hospital car park and surprised her with a family get together for the first time since the accident. What fun for them all.
  • LINDY Glad you arrived safe and sound....now just enjoy yourself.
  • LINDY - great that you are there,it must be lovely after the long wait ! Enjoy x
    DIBNLIB - What a lovely family your friend has. They have obviously been brought up in a great atmosphere and that has carried on to this generation. I
    OG - good news that J has been discharged from the orthoptist.' One more step along the world..... '
    ANNETTE - Here's hoping that you are feeling more comfortable as each day passes. Take things easy !!
    AQ- an outing ! Fantastic in the cooling temps. I'm wondering whether to cull my book collection. The pages are yellowing...
    My head is still sore and I've found more bruises but feel grateful that I can still walk and talk. Haircut today. I can't wait, it looks dreadful.
    Regards to all

• E-E is on an adventure this afternoon - in Dumfries. We are now allowed to move around in our own area - and from Friday that will be the whole of Scotland. I have really been missing M&S products, so he had a booked slot at the one in the town centre (we prefer the Kingstown Food Hall in Carlisle but not allowed across the border yet) and he will also call in at Morrison's for a few more favourites. This will also give the car a chance to top up its battery and clean its catalytic converter - having already charged J's battery on the earlier hospital trip.

I have paid a couple of bills online, and been catching up on the BBC News and various messages. I can't avoid the dreaded filing much longer and hope I won't find unpaid bills among it!

I missed LINDA setting off as I assumed it would be Thursday because it usually is! I hope it will warm up a bit for you - you can at least be thankful you are not on the East coast where I believe there is an unfriendly cold East wind.

DIANE - I still intend to email you - I am getting much worse at keeping up with correspondence.

AQ - I am having an outing on Friday - for my blood tests. I am really dreading it because of getting in and out of the car - but this problem has hastened arrangements for the new car with a special seat to lift me in and out - home demo next week!

DIBNLIB - good that your friend's family could arrange a car park visit!

HEATHER - I hope the haircut will not add to the pain in your head and that all your colourful bruises will soon fade. J was worried that one of the ""........omas" remaining in his brain could add to his risk of blood clots with the AZ vaccine. He asked his neuro man's advice and was told they were still wondering, so J has been researching online and found some advice which he then passed on to the hospital by email - they phoned to thank him for taking the time to do it! Advice to him is there is probably no additional risk, and this is further improved by having no adverse reaction to the first dose.

I think OH will soon be home, so will get ready to help unpack the supplies.
  • Lindybird - glad to hear you have managed to get to the caravan. Must be a relief to finally go off somewhere. Hope you manage to get things tidied up and enjoy the rest of the break.

AQ - Oh dear, those aching feet. Hope you managed to get everything. Happy shopping!

Annette - don't forget to take it easy, slow and steady wins the race so to speak. You will soon feel your old self again soon.

OG - pleased to hear you can move about locally and pick up some favourites. Hope all goes well on your hospital visit.

Not looked back but hope all of you are keeping well even if the weather is cold . As they say !cast ne'er a clout till May is out."
  • The honest earnest man must stand and work; the woman, too (E M Berry)

If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.
    If you are really good, you will get out of it.

Team member: This show is really boring.
    Boss: This a zoom conference.