LOCH ARKAIG - THE WOODLAND TRUST - APRIL 2021 to END OF FEBRUARY 2022

LINK TO LOCH ARKAIG OSPREYS WEBSITE

Return Dates for Louis last year was 5th April 08.15 and Aila 6th of April 09.24

The happy couple last year - lets hope its not too long until we see them safely return from migration. 

LINK TO MARCH 2021 THREAD - where all links are to previous threads and history. 

• Female Blue152 visits the Loch Arkaig Osprey nest 13.41.35

• It's very poignant reading Mary's opening sentence for this thread... George has announced the imminent shut off of the WT comments 'end of this week' so possibly even today. The livestream will continue and any updates will be posted on that page and social media.

Sigh... Started out with such high hopes. Looking on the bright side, maybe Blue 152 will take up residence (has visited three times now).
  • Update from Liz B (11.45-ish)

Morning all, just a quick update before comments get turned off.

There's still lots of activity over at platform one. Both ospreys seen regularly and I've watched Louis head off fishing on several occasions but not been lucky enough to see him diving again. This morning I watched as the female flew down from the nest onto an open part of the forest floor where she sat for around a minute in the dead bracken, presumably collecting nesting material, before returning to the nest. Louis then flew off heading east along the loch, probably off fishing again. They've been spending a lot of time on the nest since yesterday but hard to tell if there are any eggs yet. Hopefully the next few days should confirm either way.

There's still no news on Blue152 from the ringer unfortunately, so we're no further forward with that.

Chaddie hasn't seen the Bunarkaig osprey for a couple of weeks and I've not seen an osprey there either when I've been passing.

Great to see the crossbill on the nest this morning.

I'm not sure when George plans to turn off comments but I'll post another update if anything changes before then.

• Siskin and Crossbill visit the nest 08.10.40 & 08.51.22

• Female Siskin visits the nest 09.45.02

• UPDATE from Liz B - She thinks Louis and partner are incubating! on one of the other nests in the area.   

• MaryGK said:

UPDATE from Liz B - She thinks Louis and partner are incubating! on one of the other nests in the area.   

Exciting news Mary, fantastic Liz has spotted eggs, that's some telescope she has.  Good to see you back, hope you're fully recovered..

• Geemeff I don't think she has spotted eggs at all, only by the actions on the nest one bird sitting low down, fish delivery, then change over.    It will be very much a wait and see what happens in the future.