Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

• OG – One year ago, I followed instructions and placed tulip bulbs in fridge for 6 weeks before planting them. They haven’t been seen since. They should have flowered months ago (Sep to Nov).

So I am filling church newsletters!!! Does that give me brownie points in lieu of attending Easter Sunday service? Authorities have decided to relax various restrictions next week (against medical advice but economy is more important). Churches can have full capacity. and masks must be worn. It's sure to be crowded. I think I shall stay away until I have had the jab. I’d probably get the time wrong - Aussie states with daylight saving revert to normal time on Easter Sunday.

• Just a thought

The simplest things can bring the most happiness. (Izabella Scorupco)

• Gardenbirder: Thanks for the thrush/American Robins info.  Is that true of the UK version?

AQ:  Oh my, any chance those tulips bulbs ended up sauteed with mushrooms or.....?  I LOVE the gardening thoughts - so true.

OG'  Hope you find the missing anemones.

Catching up with lots of household stuff......

• ANNETTE - I definitely interred them in the garden. Obviously our soil temp is too warm (hot?) for them.
  • Hope you're feeling better LINDY.
    AQ that's a mystery, regarding the tulips. They may still appear !
    OG- it's lovely that you enjoy watching the field mice but I hope that they don't get into the house ! It happened here a few years ago. I found a little pile of chewed up paper doilies in the dining room. OH guessed they were coming up through a vent in the floor beside the gas fire. Then last year one came into the conservatory, hid behind a large flower pot and ran out and gave me a,scare
  • Annette: I saw THIS on the NBC News website this morning. If I remember correctly, you used to live near Long Beach and you aren't far from the Channel Islands. Thought you needed a mystery to start your day. LOL!

• Diane:  Huh.  Interesting, although the report does raise the notion that the Navy launched the drones without the ships' knowledge.  Did you ever get your Covid vaccine?

AQ:  We can't grow tulips in this part of California though the cut flowers are in all the supermarkets now.  I've seen daffs in some gardens around here.....    Maybe your tulips are confused by your upside down climate.  :-)

• Sorry, been busy and forgot to post - I used to post first thing but now I don't, I tend to think I have...... if you follow me.

Been out shopping with my my OH and bought way too much stuff, as I did manage (at last) to get a grocery delivery slot for next week from Ocado, but we were in nearby town so couldn't resist the chance to grab some things in Tesco which I can't get locally. At least we are not going to starve! The sun came out again so not a bad day. My OH got a call at lunchtime to go for his 2nd jab tomorrow afternoon! Yay! They are really on the ball here, we are very lucky.
  • I'm really needing to have a rant !. My stepsons birthday on Sunday, his 61st. Dinner will have to be at home and he loves roast lamb, but not allowed because the others don't like it. I often cooked different meal for OH and I, just to give him things that he liked. I find that so incredibly selfish. My understanding of loving someone is doing things that will make them happy....
  • Absolutely, Heather. Someone's birthday is surely the one day in the year when they should be spoiled, and have the things that they enjoy. There are ways around that, as you said.