LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• FB Update from Llynn Brenig this morning

"LM6 has been sleeping on the Brenig perch the last few nights, arriving at around 10pm and leaving at about 5am.
    As usual, this morning we see LM6 coming into focus on the perch as dawn breaks, waking up and preening. Then suddenly, at 4.45am there was a thud as LJ2 mis-calculated his landing on the perch and had to make a loop around, but got the second landing spot on. They remained on the perch together for about 5mins before taking off straight after each other and flying off as a pair. It was good to see them together."
  • Thank you for that, AG, I don't get up to FB much, not for any nest hosts!

Unknown said:
    LM6 has been sleeping on the Brenig perch the last few nights

Maybe I should be reporting to them, because LM6 has been roosting nightly for longer than they are aware.

Well, after the cam last went down I didn't remember to keep checking for a couple of days, and fortunately LJ2 made appearances last evening and this morning Relaxed

I hope one or two folks will find this worth watching because it's taken so long to do, but any other work was too difficult to focus on so I devoted myself to it Dizzy face

• Thanks Scylla. The pair bonding makes me think they should be well motivated to return for 2022.
  • I haven't been lucky enoughto see anybody today
  • Oh thanks Scylla, that was great, his reaction was priceless. I didn't realise I was that late up. Sorry for the extra work, much appreciated as usual.
    I
  • Cathy said:
    Sorry for the extra work

I'm always happy for heads-ups, Cathy Relaxed

Brenig cam has been down.

20 July

Clywedog

There's been no evening add-on for the past 2 days.  These were the fishes I found for the 20th but I didn't have complete coverage:

• 21 July

Clywedog

Both parents must have been hungry this morning, as Dylan only delivered about a third of a fish and Seren had to feed herself a few bites before feeding 496 - so he'll be hungry again soon:

Seren is back on the nest as I type, waiting for something?

• 496enjoying his afternoon mullet whilst Seren patiently waits

C NWWT Llyn Clywedog

• Oh well I'm all behind, PATILY has given the pertinent update Yum

I'll just post a snap of Dylan bringing nest material this morning, Seren had been waiting for a fish:

• 21 July

Clywedog

I twigged, while sorting out the mess of yesterday's Clywedog files, that the reason we're getting no evening add-on is because (I think) the daytime session has been extended - it's ending at nearer 21:00 than the usual 19:00.  This was changed without consultation with me, can you believe it?! Astonished Grin

The afternoon and evening were quite busy, 496 is looking (and sounding, cos I actually remembered to treat the sound) great: