Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week and that spring is finally here for us all! (Except AQ, I hope your side of the world is cooler!)

• According to Wikipedia, Pecan Pie was introduced to the French in New Orleans by the Native Americans.  I first tried it in New Orleans and it was absolutely marvelous.  Can't manage too much sweetness these days, but I'm sure I could choke down a warm piece with some vanilla ice cream.

Diane:  Is it too late to pop around to your neighborhood store and pick some up?

Lindybird:  That cruise will be so nice to look forward too. I saw that some lines are advertising 'totally Covid-vaccinated' cruises.   I wonder how many people will still be taking along sanitizing wipes though...

OG:  I'll take the regular HCB buns if you don't mind.

• I mended the jigsaw which I bought two years ago at a Table Top Sale, knowing it had one piece missing. It is a book with 7 jigsaws in it, one on each sturdy page, and they are maps of the continents. I took some pieces out, laid a piece of plain paper into the base, replaced all of the other pieces and then traced the shape of the missing piece onto the paper, which I could then use as a template to cut out some green card in the right shape. I'm hoping that Amber will enjoy doing the puzzles and learn some geography at the same time.
  • Lindybird:  Brilliant fix of the jigsaw.  Not sure I would have thought of that.  EDIT:  In fact, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of that.  :-)

• DIANE – With those temps you can almost sunbathe!

LINDA – Surely covid will be under control by next year and you can enjoy your cruise. There may be lots of health checks on board but so what.

HEATHER – Good news (sort of) for your daughter – hope antibiotics kick in soon. I’ll join you in not sleeping well; best not to worry about it.

My apologies (tongue in cheek) for inflicting Dr Seuss upon you a few days ago. Several of his books have been banned for being racist, stereotypical, etc. He depicted an African wearing a grass skirt, an Eskimo [sic] outside an igloo, an Asian eating with chopsticks, etc, etc. What are they doing to kids’ imaginations.

• The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. (Chinese proverb)

Gardener’s Recipe: One part soil, two parts water, three parts wishful thinking.

So many seeds -- so little time.

• Good Morning. Dry, but dull skies, here.

AQ - I was outraged by the ridiculous accusations against the much loved Dr Seuss. Grr....

• Lindy - That is so clever!

Dull and grey here Fortunately the best day so far this week happened to be my birthday, when I went for a lovely walk in countryside only four miles from home but where I had not been before. And the sun made it even better!

Heather - Hope the antibiotics are kicking in for your daughter, and that she is feeling much better. Chest infections can be very unpleasant and scary - hope she will be back to full health very soon.
  • Many happy returns, Pat! I'm pleased you got the weather.

I've just had my first vaccination. I still find it a bit weird that Limpy had the Pfizer one in Felixstowe while I had to travel to Ipswich for the Astra Zeneca! Very happy we've both been done and absolutely no complaints about the service.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, my OH and I both had different ones. At different times: as I keep reminding him, he is SO Much older than I, LOL!!

Glad you're both safer now.