Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Roll on spring!

Jacob's Ladder Wildflowers
Glacier National Park
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

•  Another walk at the canal a couple of days ago.

• dibnlib - I misread your words under the picture - thought you had walked across the bay!
  • We are getting carried away and have now booked for a Christmas 2021 3 night break at our usual hotel. We should have been there Christmas past but obviously it was cancelled.
  • Something to look forward to, DIBNLIB !

No real news about grandson. All up in the air again.
  • Hope your new doorbell is up and running, LINDY !
    I have an awful one that plays tunes but thankfully there is a choice and I have it set to Westminster chimes. Also one that I think I should have returned to hearing support services .... It is portable and a red light flashes and it also makes a loud noise when someone rings that doorbell. The worst ever is when someone sees two doorbells and rings both 'just in case'. I know what you'll all be thinking, I should not have both of them working. I have no excuse !
  • “Church services were again permitted. . . The clergyman was required to stand at least six feet (1.82 metres) from his masked congregation, who in turn had to be at least three feet from each other. The service was to last no longer than 30 minutes (later extended to 45) and was to be conducted in the open air. . . hotels were permitted to resume their trade but, like the churches, there were certain conditions attached. Customers were not allowed to mingle and could not remain inside the hotel for more than five minutes at a time.”

Sound familiar? NSW regulations during so-called Spanish flu pandemic in 1919. Quoted in a fascinating book I have read about Aussieland’s response.

Our current vaccine roll-out has stumbled – QLD Doc gave 2 elderlies four times the dose before nurse intervened. He had not completed training course! Elderlies are being monitored and are OK.

• Oh Lindybird, you put me to shame. i know I should clean out my cupboards but everytime I look in them I get cold feet. I do find it hard to kneel down now and would have to sit on a bean bag to do them. Maybe one day -----== soon!!! Love those sunrise photos, a person in our FB page for Worsley/Walkden posted some similar saying it was probably the sand from the sahara in the atmosphere throwing up and making the sky looking amazing.
  • I know what you mean, Lindy - if they don't see the doorbell note they tend to tap on the door and I don't hear it. Sometimes the battery plays up in the bell and doesn't work so again I don't hear the door. Frustrating at times.

Recently we have had some phone calls saying that a transaction from California could be going out of OH's account and would we do this and that to block it. My husband got very frustrated to day with the person, not English so sometimes hard to understand, and in the end put the phone down on him. He then went into his b/account and talked on the chat line and was told they were probably scams as they always leave a note on the account to say the have tried to ring and no such note was there. So its taught us to just ring off if they do it again and to take no notice. Can be easily taken in but fortunately we stopped before it was too late. A cautionary tale.
  • Oh dibnlib looks so peaceful and serene. Oh see you have booked for a Christmas break, how nice.

We are erring on the side of caution and will wait to see whether the firm we were going to go with last year finally opens its doors again. Still want to do the trips up to Scotland but may have to split with one this year and one next year. Something to begin to look forward too.

Take care all. Lovely dry , windy day today and put washing out for a short while.