Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

February 1 is Imbolc (or Imbolg), the old Gaelic festival marking the coming of spring and traditionally celebrated throughout Scotland, Ireland, and the Isle of Man. It falls about halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. We're almost to the time of warmer weather (cooler weather for you, AQ)! Yay! I'm so hoping for an early spring, so we'll only have about 4 or 5 more weeks of the cold. 

I hope everyone has an easy week!

Marsh Marigold wildflowers, Shenandoah National Park
U.S. National Park Service: NPS
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• LIMPY - so pleased for you. We were called by phone for Monday. I read on news today we have to take our letter with us! Well, we don'ty have a letter!!! more disorganisation!
  • AQ:  I like "Be yourself: Everyone else is taken."  

Limpy:  Oh that's good news about the vaccine.  I bet Clare is happy.

OG:  Let's hope the upward trend continues re those meds. No biggie re b/day,  The meal was take-out, although the restaurant is in an open-air mall and has taken over vast amounts of space to spread out tables for significant social distancing, but OH and I aren't up for that yet.

Bluesky: Welcome - and here's hoping the LG nest gets fully utilized this year.

Lindybird:  I was wincing at the thought of those potholes and your poor OH being tossed about. Glad he's feeling better, but assume there'll be a follow up appt with the doc?   Congrats on the microwave set up. How typical that "how to unpack" instructions were last to be discovered!

Diane:  This particular key lime pie was a bit cloying.  I only ordered it because back in 1BC (Before Covid) the restaurant had changed suppliers and the pie was creamier and less sweet, but they must've changed again.  Definitely a First World problem.

Am going to have socially distanced coffee and treats with Brit friend this morning.  

• Unknown said:
    I bet Clare is happy.

She nearly deafened me when I showed her the text.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Yay, Limpy and Clare!

Limpy: So glad that you will get the jab now. Nice to see you. 

• Whoo Hoo, Limpy!!!

Wonderful news. You can all celebrate on Wednesday evening.

Bluesky, welcome to our thread. Yes, its just beginning to occur to me that we have the annual treat in store of looking out for our ospreys to return to Loch Garten and the other nests we love so much. It will soon come around and we will all be goggling at the cams again! Fingers crossed for some little ones on the nest again at LG.

OG - Nice to hear that you are now approaching more of a 'normal' - you are brave persisting with the meds if they are giving you problems, but it should be worth it in the end if you can be more comfortable.

My OH went to sleep after lunch but was awoken by the sound of the front door and Bonnie barking, because of a caller. It was his sister with flowers for me, and a fruit cake for us, so I hadn't the heart to tell her that she had woken him up.

• OG - We seem to have a different system here. I was told before we began getting jabs in our county that everyone would need to produce their own NHS number, but it transpired that it was not needed, as we were invited separately by phone, given a time to appear at the clinic, and then it was confirmed by text. When you arrived, they already had you on their computer screen with all your details, and so only had to confirm your date of birth and all was set for the big event of having a needle in your arm.

• Juest seen about your OH, Lindy, do hope they can get to the bottom of what is the matter. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Also anyone else who may be going through a tough time at present, try and keep positive remembering there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • belated birthday wishes Annette do hope you had a lovely day