Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG- thinking of you three and about the special person.
    You must be so fed up with the tiredness but it's good to read that things have improved a little.

For once, I had a few hours sleep with no waking and when I did did find myself awake listened to an interesting radio programme about Haiti and it's history.

• Bright sunshine here. My OH has gone off to his Dentist check up, and wonders what will be said as he has had a toothache for the last 6 days. He was supposed to go in to the Dentist last Wenesday but they rang & changed it to today - presumably someone else was more urgent, poor soul.

I've put a huge beef stew into the slow cooker to cook all day & then near the end I'll add some mushrooms.

Thinking of OG and family. Sad that a friend is so ill, must be in your thoughts.

• Yesterday picked the first colour appearing in the garden - I love the smell when I bring some into the house :-)

• Hey, Lindy. I think I owe you an apology. I worded my last post to you badly. I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't have posted about the vaccine reaction or that you were wrong in anything you said. Just before I'd come on this site, I'd read about people spreading conspiracy theories--even in my local community--to keep others from getting the vaccine, and I was really irritated, but at them not you. I only wanted to help and encourage you.

I swear I'm getting those coronavirus vivid dreams everyone has been talking about. I'm utterly exhausted because I've been creating nightmares every danged night. Either that, or I'm channeling Stephen King. LOL

• Diane:  Hate to hear that you're having such bad nights.   On the other hand, if you are channeling Stephen King, I hope you're taking notes!   I see the Midwest may be headed for record snow?  

Did anyone know that there are no customer service agents/representatives/etc anymore?   They're now called "customer advocates."   Is that supposed to mean I should feel better about being on hold for 45  minutes?  Ummm.. no.

Wild weather here and the Arizona contingent is thrilled with lots of snow.

• I think we might be heading for the new normal - J had a "leaving interview by phone" this morning, he says there was definitely some closure effect. Other stuff here about the same as has been - lots of sunshine, one sneaky little shower when OH was packing car to drive to tip. Friend survived the op - still very poorly.
  • Annette: I'd like to have the profit from just one of Stephen King's books. LOL I'm on the south side of that winter storm. The snow has been minimal here, but I'm under a winter storm watch because we're getting ice. The roads are dangerous, and thick ice is coating the tree limbs. I hope your wild weather isn't posing any danger. AQ: I'm sending you some cold air! I hope the fire doesn't threaten your patch. 

• Diane, no worries. You could never upset me :-) I know what you mean about all the covid denial business, and the conspiracy talk: it's dreadful. Just this morning they were illustrating on our tv programmes that those who have filmed "empty hospitals" did not realise that half of the usual activity has closed down so that they can concentrate on the virus victims - they have opened new wards where they used to treat other things, to accommodate the growing number of patients.

I hope you can sleep better if you can relax - I keep remembering that they say there is no point in wasting energy on worrying about those things which you cannot change. Glad that your snow is not too bad.

OG - Good that your friend has got through the op. Fingers crossed.

We still have snow on the ground. It's not as cold, but only managed a couple of degrees today. My OH went to the dentist and had to wait half an hour outside. He managed to squeeze the car into their tiny car park so that he could sit in it. The dentist pronounced that he had a hole in a back tooth and so put a temporary filling in it until there's time for a bigger more permanent one.
  • Hello all, just skimmed through posts - pg . 4 already.
    Notice AQ you are having rather a hot spell and an aweful fire, hope you are away from it but not much fun for those who are caught up in it.

We have had the first snow of the winter down here, started yesterday and went on most of the day so about 2cm. Stayed with us all day today and it is supposed to be freezing overnight. Dau remembered to put her covers over the windscreen tonight otherwise she has to spend minutes defrosting, took her about 1/2 hr this morning to clear the car of snow and frost before going to work. Thankfully not as many cars as normal so just made it to school for 8.30am before the gates close.
    Have our annual dentist checkups tomorrow so hope all goes well. Still waiting for my jab call up.

OG - hope all goes OK with J and that your friend makes a good recovery.

Good win by England in the test series with Sri Lanka - had it on all day whilst OH watched it.

To all, keep well and safe. Will pop in later in the week.
  • Better weather today, low 20s. Cherry Gardens bushfire “contained”, needs watching for next week as tree roots & stumps continue to burn & smoulder. 2 houses, dozen sheds lost. Friend has returned home, hers safe. Firebug has been remanded in custody until Sept. (Courts slow due to covid.)