Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• GB - Marimba show is fantabulous. Two thingies in each hand and foot on the cymbals!!!

Dau phoned to moan about complications with new school year. With a fruit fly outbreak in several Adelaide’s suburbs, there is a ban on transporting fruit from those suburbs. While Dau is a few houses outside the ban area, the Trio’s school is inside. The only “fruit” permitted in lunch boxes - carrot, cucumber, pineapple, melon. Dau is at wit’s end to satisfy fads, variety and healthy eating. Expected to last until April!

While I am being zapped, I get to watch a screen with nature scenes. I recognise Norway, Utah buttes, possibly Alaska. One was a coastal scene with a huge flock of seagulls – I thought of CLARE. Hey, I think I’ve found it on You Tube – 10 hours of drone film, “Nature Relaxation”. The clinic plays its own music, 1970s unfortunately. Twice I have been asked my choice and I said “classical”, much better. I don’t pester them if they don’t remember as I save my complaints for important things such as requests for early appts.

• Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. (Anon)

• AQ; Can't imagine 70s music would work with Nature Relaxation. Perhaps daughter could just do what's easy for the remaining months of school. Kiddies will probably do just fine.

Our storm has been dawdling off the coast, so just gentle sort of rain today. Heavy stuff due tomorrow (or so they say).

Take care all.
  • ANNETTE - Remaining months of school? Hey here DownUnder this is the first week of a new school year. We run from Jan to Dec. Miss 9 is in Year 4 in a mixed  4/5 class so she will get extended as she needs to be, with a male teacher who is keen on Science, yeay. Twins have one of the teachers from last year, one they adore.

• aquilareen said:
    The clinic plays its own music, 1970s unfortunately.

When you say 1970s, who are we talking about?  I'd be happy with a whole lot of someone like Abba.

aquilareen said:
    One was a coastal scene with a huge flock of seagulls – I thought of CLARE.

The coast wouldn't be complete without gulls.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Its rained here all night long, so I hardly dare look out of the window at our poor garden.

AQ - Surprised to hear you can watch bits of film whilst being zapped. Nice sounding scenes.

When I first met my OH, we had a big game of Monopoly with some relatives, and he told me later how shocked he was that this sweet girl who was so kind, suddenly turned into a competitive heartless monster without any care who she stomped on, in order to win the game!! I'm very competitive in board games, LOL!! Good job it didnt put him off - that was 50 years ago!
  • CLARE - It was definitely not Abba. Just some horrible screeching.

LINDA - The screen is up by the ceiling above me. View does get interrupted as machine changes side to side.

We have finished our tea and the dishes. I feel rather tired. . . again. . . still. We shall be watching "Great Palaces of Europe" later or, more likely, snoozing!
  • We both keep dropping off whilst watching tv these days, AQ. Not sure if it's the programmes, or the fact that we are sitting in the warm in the winter. We've watched an awful lot of travel programmes recently "Scenic Journeys on Steam Trains " are our favourites. Also some of the walking around the UK, enjoying seeing our own country including places we will probably never get to, now.
  • Hope everyone is fine, I'm like LINDY, keep dropping off ! Think boredom has something to do with it !
  • Bumping us up. LINDY, You are not alone in dropping off whilst watching tv. I am usually knitting, so sometimes drop a few stitches!
    We also see places on travel programmes that we are unlikely to see now. The train journeys are usually very interesting. We once did a rail holiday to Italy, which was pleasant scenery, but not spectacular. The company of our fellow passengers was excellent though, and we had a great time.