Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

I'm sending best wishes to everyone. I know this is a hard end to a hard year. I hope you all find some peace and joy for the season.

Cardinal in the Snow
Shenandoah National Park
US National Park Service/N.Lewis
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• The pics are lovely,LINDY, thank you !
    I'm getting organised for my bubble family ( all 3 of them!) but thinking especially about those of us who will be alone today. You are always in mind x
    ANNETTE, DIANE, BJANE - for you, it will soon be Christmas Day if not already.. And AQ has already had hers!
    I'm about to look out my Christmas shirt/blouse. I first bought it over 25 years ago and have worn it every Christmas Day since then - it's a bit of a family tradition. If I wasn't wearing it, the family would worry somewhat!
  • PS it isn't Christmassy, I don't go in for that sort of stuff! It's black ! I first bought it to wear to work on Christmas Day all those years ago, and one of the staff had the same one. I wonder if hers is still in her wardrobe?
  • Hi, ALL

Dinner nearly ready - did my little job with the sprouts! Wonderful smells from the kitchen ...

Thinking of you, especialy those whose Christmas is not as planned this year. Best wishes XX
  • Merry Christmas too all of you - I love being part of this community - so long may it continue!

I am on my own and missing the Kids and Grandchildren but thanks to modern technology we have been staying in touch.

My tiny roast beef joint is in the oven along with the potatoes and parsnips - smell is heavenly and I am sure that I will be having a snooze after the Queen!

Best wished to all xxx

• Just been chatting with our Danish friends online. They had their Festive meal yesterday, like lots of Scandinavian and European countries. They have roast pork and roast duck, caramelized potatoes, red cabbage.
    Their pudding is basically rice pudding with a cherry sauce. There is an almond hidden in the pudding.
  • Happy Christmas, Everyone! Someone really should write a song with those words ...

A crisp, sunny winter's day here. Had a lovely walk quite early this morning, since when I have 'been' to a morning service, Zoomed with the family, eaten a huge lunch of lamb shank and all the trimmings, prepared a presentation for my great-nephew's bedtime story later (Ferdinand the Bull - does anyone else remember him?) and chatted to some friends. And the sun is still shining! Just seen the Queen - a very personal and appropriate message, I thought, and I really enjoyed the mounted band with the National Anthem, and the lovely 'Joy to the World' at the end. Now for another Zoom chat.

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone.
  • Morning all: Just up and on second cup of coffee. Lovely and sunny but cool. Put out OH's present (4-slice toaster) out on the counter (will he even notice it's brand new?) and as I went to shake the crumbs out of the old one, four chunks of what look like ceramic something-or-others fell out of it. Can't find anything in Googleland about that. Meanwhle, my cordless pole hedge trimmer arrived yesterday. As you can tell, we don't do 'romance' too well! :-))

Anyway, hope you're all enjoying dinner or at least a peaceful day. I'm counting down to January 20....
  • Good grief! Don't know about Silent Night, but it sure has been a quiet day on here - and in our neighborhood. I spent most of the day doing my Starry Night jigsaw and binge watching on Netflix. Back to normal tomorrow, sort of. No Boxing Day here.
  • Boxing Day is not a public holiday in our state as we have SA’s Proclamation Day instead on 28th. Nevertheless there are BD sales. It has been very quiet in our street, as it was for χmas Day. Dau#1 & appendages phoned. We had a quiet lunch with extra roast spuds for OH. We both slept the afternoon (poor old dears LOL). Turkey & cranberry sandwich for tea.