Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full Sunday night/Monday! Also, a very subtle penumbral lunar eclipse will be visible in the U.S. and in the eastern half of Australia. Sorry, U.K. folks you won't be able to see it. 

Everyone stay safe and healthy. Figure out a way to find some joy this week! 

Stay strong, friends. 

Delicate Arch at Night, Arches National Park
NPS/Jacob W. Frank, US National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Annette: Tomasz is a Polish name really, as our lovely d. in law has Polish parents who have spent most of their lives in the UK, having come here originally from working together in Singapore, and she was then born here. Our other d. in law is partly Greek Cypriot, so we are now a multi cultural family!!
  • LINDA – With that family you could definitely be an Aussie!

I am pottering with little tasks today. I buried my veggie scraps around veggie patch, tied up tomato branches that need staking, and excavated 3 fair sized potatoes that have grown from buried peel. They are Kestrels with lovely purple “eyes”. This, the best day this week (weatherwise) and OH is staying home for lunch. <sigh> Businesses & restaurants now have a tracking device, a QR code, which govt can use to contact-trace people if another covid outbreak. For those without smart phone, pen & paper as before. I don’t think his restaurants have been recoding patrons’ info. OH now carries a small bottle of hand sanitizer when out but it will take some time for him to adjust to this new safety device. I have been filling in my name & phone no at church & hospital for ages, no fuss.

• Just a thought

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. (Maya Angelou)

• Good Morning. Easier to get on here, this morning. Much talk on TV News about the roll out of the vaccine(s) and we could be the 1st in the world to do it en masse, although it won't be mandatory. Light at the end of the tunnel at last.

Our festive lights looked jolly last night, and the painter & decorator who has been next door for the last 3 days, working away, said "Its like Santa's Grotto around here" -- I was out there surveying the effect, and I said "Its supposed to be, to cheer everyone up!"

Thinking of you, AQ, as you prepare to go back t o the hospital. {{HUGS}}
  • AQ: Wishing you an easy surgery and a quick and complete recovery! Sending you good energy!

Osprey
    Yellowstone National Park 
    NPS/Jacob W. Frank
    Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thanks LINDA & DIANE. Shutting down 'puter now for an evening snoozing over my book ready for early start. in morning.
  • AQ - Thoughts and prayers winging their way to you ...
  • I've probably missed you AQ but sending best thoughts to you -
  • It's been an odd morning- we had a grey start to the sky, then just as my OH was leaving to attend (by standing outside) yet another funeral, it suddenly began raining hard. He went in the car in the end, instead of walking. By the time he came back, the sun was trying to shine.

I polished the furniture whilst he was gone, and checked on my emails. I got completely sidetracked by a tempting offer of Sale prices on outdoor clothing, and tried to put in an order but then got stuck at the Password stage - the Site wouldn't accept either the Password stored on my pc, nor when I typed in the Password I had written down . It's possible they've lost me as I can't get past that stage in the process, now!

Wrapped a birthday present for our d.in law as it's her birthday mid January, and we don't know when we're going to see them all again after Saturday.
  • HEATHER Sorry to hear that. Just when you thought it was all behind you.