Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full Sunday night/Monday! Also, a very subtle penumbral lunar eclipse will be visible in the U.S. and in the eastern half of Australia. Sorry, U.K. folks you won't be able to see it. 

Everyone stay safe and healthy. Figure out a way to find some joy this week! 

Stay strong, friends. 

Delicate Arch at Night, Arches National Park
NPS/Jacob W. Frank, US National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Hi, folks. I made an error, sort of... Some of you might be able to see the very beginning of the lunar eclipse early Monday morning. Detailed times are on this webpage.

I hope you are all well. 

Pat: What an exciting day you had. The big murmuration must have been wonderful to see. What a special time!!!

• Evening everyone. Enjoyed your comments and am green with envy of your murmuration view, Pat; the biggest I have seen so far was a mini version, about 50 Starlings flying over our neighbourhood a few years ago.
    You may all know about this, but I did not; hope it raises everyone's mood. A friend sent me this link to a parody by Don Caron (founder of the Parody Project with many more of the same sort of thing) of 'Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover'--'Fifty Ways to Leave the White House', 15 November 2020:
    www.youtube.com/watch

Kind regards, Ann

• Gardenbirder: That is absolutely brilliant! I needed that laugh. LOL! Thank you!
  • GARDENBIRDER – Yes, brilliant! A certain person has provided cartoonists, etc with plenty of fodder.

Brief outing this morn to pay credit card and collect a few extra exciting eats (bread, cereal).I told my car to behave until I drive again next week!

• Just a thought

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

• Good Morning. A very dark start to today, but it's clearing now.

Thanks for the laugh, Gardenbirder! Very funny. :-)

A late start for me today as my OH crept out of bed to give me an extra half hour. Told him he's a star for bringing me my hot cuppa first thing every day.

Off to get 'hosed down' as Annette says, ready to attack the week. Keep well and happy, Everyone!
  • He is a star, LINDY as you say!
    Not a lot to report from here. A walk to Tesco this morning and a haircut tomorrow.
    It seems that the Crown Prosecutor is appealing against the verdict of ' no case to answer'.This of course is concerning my grandsons recent court case. It is up to the Sheriff now to justify her decision. I can't say more here, naturally. We will have to wait and see.
  • Morning all: Well, finally recovered from last week and got my freelance assignment off to the magazine yesterday afternoon. Visit with family was very busy and noisy and not sure I'd welcome one tired daughter, excitable Ms. D and an even more excitable 2-month-old puppy all together again! Grandson arrived and was very helpful but got Ms D and puppy even more excited! At one point OH and I wondered if anyone would notice if we snuck off to a hotel for a night. :-) Christmas will be quiet here thank heaven.

Have read all posts and fear I've forgotten or missed some vital news - please forgive! :-)
  • Annette - Your post made me smile, and threw a new light on 'Thanksgiving' - thankful that you and OH are now back to a quiet life!
  • Good evening, ALL. I didn’t fully attend the Zoom service yesterday but OH recorded it for the church, so I did whizz through that – not a very dignified effort and I thought using hymns was totally unnecessary. I was pleased our J decided to join in – and plans to follow the Bible Study they are starting this week!

PAT – your Saturday sounds blissful – those big murmurations really are wonderful, and I can imagine your joy at combining that with the sunset and the lake. You described it so beautifully, too.

LINDA – you probably know, I don’t use outside lights, and next doors have become really annoying as not only are they that intense colour of blue LEDs, but they have found the switch that makes them flash and twinkle! Dull weather here – with slight showers at times.

LYNETTE – your post “sounded” rather low – I hope you and yours are okay.

ANN – found that parody when Diane mentioned it on Facebook – and another to “The sound of Silence” – very clever. And as you say, something to lift our spirits.

AQ – which day is your further surgery? Sorry, I forgot what you said. Very good quote for the day!

HEATHER – sorry the Prosecutor is playing games – not very pleasant for anyone. Of course, I hope the Sherriff will not change her mind.

ANNETTE – well done with that assignment. Sorry Thanksgiving was so wearing. Are you sure none of them intend to reappear for Christmas?

Had a good day – OH and I made first batch of mince pies – which had to be sampled of course! Left over pastry made a treacle tart which is one of his favourites. Had another look through Christmas list for delivery from Morrisons and decided we really didn’t need it after all! Everything can come from M&S and Tesco – and a small order from the icecream farm which always opens for three days just before Christmas just for collecting orders (otherwise closed October to March).

I am feeling so much better since my latest prescription from Doc – wish someone had put me on anti-inflamatories sooner – not only is my foot more bearable, but everything else too – haven’t screamed since I got them! I feel like a real person again now.