Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week. 

Stay strong, friends! 

Northern Parula
U.S. National Park Service NPS/N.Lewis
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG – Don’t get fussed. My wound is very dainty plus 2 wee nicks for the lymph nodes. Surgeon said no stretching for 7-10 days (now day 7); she said I would know. I have had no problem with arm at all, no pain at all. Apart from tiredness which could be boredom (camera is pleading to go out LOL), I feel a bit of a fraud loafing.

ANNETTE – Was that a teeny little hint of a concession by you-no-who?

Our city’s water consumption went up 30% during our 3-day drastic lockdown; people were in gardens. Not a surprise as temps were 34 to 38 C. No further community transmission of virus but authorities still watching.

• I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific. (Lily Tomlin)

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I’m not so sure.

I used to be able to finish anything but now I - - - [graffiti]

• Good Morning. A bit grey, but warmer, here. And that's just me!! LOL!!

Got things to put back in their right places this morning: OG, we didn't move any large furniture as the dirt on the carpets was all in the high traffic areas, so it was just coffee tables, lamps, stools, dining chairs etc.

Hoping to get over, to go and introduce ourselves to Boris The Dog - I'm half hoping she might change his name!! (Horace? Maurice?!)

AQ: Good to hear that you're healing well and your dainty wound is not painful.

There used to be a saying about wanting to be Somebody but finding that Everybody decided you were Nobody, but now I can't remember the exact wording, darn it.
  • There is this one:

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
  • Yes, that's similar. But there was another one. Never mind.

Went to stand in Sue's driveway and meet The Dog: I'd seen him previously at a distance, before she was adopted by him! But not closely observed. She opened the garage door and held him, & I took some photos.

He's very docile and doesn't bark hardly at all, so will make a lovely companion.
  • Lindybird:  So cute!!  If daughter's pup stands still for half a minute, I'll take a photo.

OG:  Pup goes by the name of Pearl.  Love the Somebody/anybody story.  So true!

AQ:  I suspect our  Despot ProTem was convinced by an army of lackeys to release funds for the transition for fear for their own futures.  But not sure than constitutes even the hint of a concession.  Love the Lily Tomlin quote - seems like a familiar complaint.  :-)

Predictably hectic here.  Pup was so thrilled when the sprinklers came on I rushed out to turn them off for fear of her mistaking them for something she could chew. Birds' blood pressure must be off the charts....

Take care everyone.