WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• Been busy trying to enthuse myself to get on with December magazine. so have again only done a cursory read of all the posts - good to hear so much from everyone, but I get so short of time during my magazine week! Looks as if I got Heather's birthday a day early - did the same with Dibnlib last month - I need to have a good look at my list. Yes, folks, I do have a good memory but not so good as to remember all the dates!

Podiatrist came this afternoon to wrap my sole in binding tapes (makes me sound like a ballet dancer!). She also took me though the exercises I had downloaded and made suggestions for some tweaks to help me as my legs etc can't manage them all as published. She was really so kind and helpful and my foot is already more comfortable.

Getting ready for my day home alone tomorrow - will have plenty to keep me busy and I may even get to spend more time communicating with you!
  • OG: I so hope the medical personnel can help you and alleviate your pain. Thinking of you this evening.

Lindy: I enjoyed your lovely photos. The deer are beautiful!

• OG - Glad you had some relief. And she sounded very nice.

Have a good day tomorrow: in fact, I hope all three of you have a good day :-)

We are watching a film, as there is not much on TV today - "The Life of Pi" Will review it later!
  • Diane -- Sorry you're being plagued by power losses and trouble with being online.
  • Glad to hear you are home AQ. Now for the convelescence and taking it easy. Pity about the lockdown but at least you say you are stocked up so hopefully will survive. Take care and keep safe.

Lindy - saw the pics of Tatton Park, always nice to see it even in late autumn. Did visit years ago when living at home.
  • Heather and Clare, just seen that it was your birthdays on the 18th.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH , even if a little late.

Christmas is a time to get together and we are hoping we can go up to the family home to my brother and his partner for Boxing Day (it will be Sunday actually) and come back on BD. Will stay overnight at the Travel Lodge in Worsley which is just down the road from where I use to live. - that is if the green light is given - otherwise a very quiet Christmas on our own.

Dau's birthday on Saturday, we were going to go out for a meal but its a takeaway instead.
  • OG - pleased to hear foot is a little better and that exercises are helping. Go steady tomorrow whilst on your own and no getting up to mischief!!

Hopefully most of the shopping on the list will arrive tomorrow - ordered a nice cake for dau but will have to see if it arrives.
  • Evening all:  I see that AQ and S.A. will be out of shutdown earlier than planned. Apparently, one person lied to the contact folks about his activities - not sure how it was resolved but restrictions in S.A. will be lifted.  Meanwhile, Governor Newsom has imposed a 10 p.m. curfew for California (it's a long time since I've been out that late!).

OG: Enjoy your me-time!  No pirouetting around the kitchen in those wrapped toes though...

Am caught up with everyone's news - thank you - and apologies for non-specific response.  Take care!

• Startling news today that one of the people linked to the covid outbreak lied to contact tracers. He said he purchased a pizza when in fact he worked at the pizza bar. Authorities have been isolating close contacts & also close contacts of contacts to contain the outbreak. Now they have a new set of people to find. A lot of anger as you can imagine. So many businesses, schools had to close. Meanwhile we can go out to exercise tomorrow. Then on Sunday we return to last week’s restrictions. Our poor minister has been sending emails – service numbers reduced, services cancelled, services restored but half last week’s nos. I’m not going to church as I’m not supposed to drive yet, tho’ I do feel OK.
  • To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. (Oscar Wilde)

I thought growing old would take longer.

There’s really only one true birthday. The rest are simply anniversaries of the day of a person’s birth.