Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Reading your variety of lockdowns & restrictions, I do feel anxious for you all. Each country is tackling this in different ways. At the height of one of our lockdowns (NSW I think), people with second homes were not allowed to travel to their holiday homes. Melbourne still only allows travel 5 km from home; permits required for essential travellers and the strict metro rules apply to them when in regional areas. Recently a truck driver left the city before it was known he had been in contact with a positive case. He visited a cafe in one country town (a no-no) but even worse when the contact tracers checked where he had been, he did not mention another town. Now that 2nd town has a new outbreak and 400 people quarantining at home for 2 weeks as possible positives. The virus spreads so easily.
  • Melbourne’s strict lockdowns are working at last, Wednesday 6 new cases, yesterday two. A few months ago it was over 700.
  • Never miss a good chance to shut up. (Will Rogers)

When in doubt, shut up. (Caroline B Cooney)

I’m not great at giving advice but can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

• Evening all: Thanks for news, etc. Windows done here, except for one special order that is expected next week.

AQ; I could have used Will Rogers' advice this afternoon! :-))
  • ANNETTE - Was that 'cos of something orange?
  • Lindybird said:
    Spoke to our Site Manager, and he said wearily that he keeps getting phone calls asking for advice - he can't keep up with the ever changing rules & regulations. Those here who are from Wales themselves, are not allowed now to move between the different areas of Wales. Those from Liverpool are not allowed here at all. Those from Manchester are OK if they're here already, but can't come after tomorrow..

The poor bloke.  I'd better not ring up and ask if I can come from Felixstowe, had I?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Still dry here this morning, but Sue says its raining at home.

Off to get dressed, and have our walk. Hope everyone on here has a good Friday -- the weekend beckons again!!
  • LINDA – pleased you arrived safely and before you shouldn’t have gone, if you see what I mean! I see Greater Manchester is fighting the very high decision, but Lancashire has accepted it – all so confusing. Feel like banging UK politicians heads together and insisting on a new lockdown instead of this stupid competitive tinkering at the edges. I see our local MSP got into trouble today calling Nicola a liar!

LYNETTE – I think new kitchen will not be until spring, but have to start serious planning. I was so happy with the one we did at previous house that I will not be easily pleased! Sorry you can’t see your brother for his birthday.

AQ – trouble here is, nobody is really tackling it – they need to fight it head on!

ANNETTE – are you staying on for the final window on special order? I hope your Daughter is pleased with all the work.

Dry so far today – OH just back from Tesco. Went to nurse appt this morning – as I thought, leg ulcer is completely dried up at last! Just need to prevent more.
  • I do hope your widow replacements went as smoothly as ours. Wullie left a short time ago. He didn't even want feeding (not even biccies) just the occasional coffee. It is great we feel able to recommend him to our friend in Fochabers.

We popped out for coffee this morning and bumped into a coffee friend who we haven't seen for11 months. Like us he has had family problems to contend with as well as Covid. We all laughed at something we had seen on facebook a while ago. "Before I sign up for 2021, I need to read the terms and conditions first"
  • LYNETTE Sorry you aren't able to celebrate your brothers birthday with him. Window finished thank you and the weather wasn't too bad, just the odd light shower.