Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Evening all:  Safe in Arizona. Drive not too bad - but it doesn't get any shorter!

Heather:  Thinking of you and sending hugs.

Clare:  Those gulls are speaking for me too (roll on the election).   Arghhh.

• Unknown said:
    What sort of gulls are they? We see a lot of gulls over the river, but I cannot make out what sort they are. The small ones are now back doing their 'string of pearls' formation around the sides of the boats.

The first one is a great black-backed gull.  The next three photos are of herring gulls, the birds on the bench are (black-legged) kittiwakes and the last one is a lesser black-backed gull.

I imagine the small string-of-pearl gulls are black-headed.gulls.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all    (butting in again sorry)

I meant to have posted this link to our uk cuckoo for Diane,when there was chatter a few days ago.

and thought of Clare , and this reminded me of Gulls  listed if you scroll down........ P.S beware of accidently clicking on adverts links

HERE

• Good morning, Kate! You never butt in.

That's an interesting site and I can see myself checking it out later when the rest of the household are awake.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Sunny here! Which is a pleasant surprise.
  • Surprise sunshine here too - and forecast suggests no rain till next monday - wonder if we can depend on that!

I couldn't wake up this morning - managed about 9am! Still don't feel like I am really awake!

Very useful link, KATE. Thanks.

ANNETTE - glad you arrived safely, but obviously tired. I hope you are currently getting a good night sleep.

Hoping OH might plant bulbs today, while I am planning Christmas! It won't matter what restrictions are as we only see one Daughter and appendages for a flying visit and they announced last year that it was probably the last time they would all come together!
  • HEATHER Sorry things are getting on top of you. Love CLARES gulls and suggest we all squawk with them, get rid of the angst.
  • I was already squawking, Dibnlib!!!!

Bah!!!

However, we've had a good day so far with a confirmation from our Site Manager that yes, we can go to Wales. We had fingers crossed as we want to go there and put her to bed for the winter. Of course, it will be a bonus if it stays dry enough for the weekend, for us to take some walks by the sea. So we will be off there tomorrow.

This morning we went to a large supermarket in another town, & my OH was thrilled to find their whiskey reduced, so has stocked up (his favourite tipple). I bought a super little hooded top at half price for little Matthew, and some chocolate advent calendars ready for if and when we can see the grandchildren.

Hope all goes well for Annette and that the new windows are installed trouble free.

Also, thinking of Heather and hope she is alright.

• Weather hasn't even kept its promise for one day - drizzle! But J has set off walking down to Boots to collect a prescription - says he doesn't yet feel like driving. OH did get started on the various bulbs.

LINDA - glad you are allowed to Wales to put the caravan to bed - and hope it will be a fine weekend for you there, but no investigations by Bonnie on the beach - or at least not smelly ones!

HEATHER - thinking of you.
  • Since I wrote the above, there have been several developments, but the short story is that we are now still going to Wales, but only for one night. The Minister for Wales has got hot under the collar about the English bringing in the virus, so has announced that from Friday evening, they will not be welcome.

We rang our Site Manager, & he said that as far as he's concerned, we can go but he doesn't want to see us still there on Saturday morning. So a weekend away is now out. When we were there last, a few of us said that we couldn't see what a danger we could be to anyone, seeing as most of us are over 65 and not going anywhere for weeks at a time except the supermarket! Ho hum.

Been busy getting ready to go. Not so much to pack this time!