Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL HARVEST MOON!

The moon turns full on Thursday, 1 October.

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

Check back to last week's thread for Lindy's photos and other posts. 

• It smelt so awful, but she insisted on bringing it back with her from her evening walk. My OH distracted her with dog food whilst I grabbed it and threw it outside!!!
  • Hello Monday. May I ask you a question? Why are you always back so quickly? Don’t you have a hobby?

It’s Monday. Get up and create something amazing this week.

It’s Monday. I’m alive. I’m breathing. I’m living. I’m blessed. Life is good.

• Dau#1 returned from Canberra. Flight time: 1 hr 50 min. Passing through covid security on arrival: 50 mins. Tedious but that’s why our case numbers are so good.
  • Dull Monday morning here – but remains dry for a day or two.

Thanks to DIANE for new week (two full moons this month!) and great Osprey pic and to CLARE and LINDA for photos on Saturday.

ANNETTE – a busy weekend for you with broom and rake. Hadn’t seen that story about the amazing Rat!

AQ – your state seems way ahead of us declaring plans for carol singing – ours don’t yet seem to realise that 31st October and 5th November are coming soon! Dreading both more than usual this year. Surprised people hadn’t heard of Bilbies – wasn’t a Royal child (probably George) given a toy one when they made a visit?

PAT – nice to see that you have spent time with family – but was that really allowed (I can’t keep up with all the regional variations!).

DIBNLIB – Jigsaw sounds quite a challenge.

LINDA – pleased sun shone on Anglesey. Bonnie’s trophy – yukk – surely not on the furniture! Hope she doesn’t retrieve it from where you threw it out!

We all agreed last evening that we had enjoyed a pleasant weekend! Don’t know why it was good and not even sure what we did! OH is shopping this morning. I seem to be the only person who is not going out at all – and not caring about it. Church elders have been asking informally how many might attend a possible service on 18th October - I have said I shan’t be there.
  • Good morning, all.  Just been for a nice, refreshing swim - lovely.  Got home, put washing on the line and had a nice, hot drink.

Unknown said:
    Dull Monday morning here – but remains dry for a day or two.

We've got exactly the same here - and happily the wind has dropped somewhat.

Right, time to go through my photos from yesterday.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG - Our rules in England are slightly different from yours in Scotland. We are allowed to mix two 'households' indoors. My whole family down there are one bubble, so I was the only incomer. We were very careful - keeping distance, apart from with Charlie, who is still a very snuggly child (good!!!) - and I managed not to use the loo! I was staying at a local pub, which appeared to be following all the rules to the letter. It's a country area and we spent quite a lot of time outdoors. My niece and her man are both nurses, so they are very aware of the rules and how we should behave, so I'm pretty certain we were doing everything we should - and not doing those things we shouldn't!

PS: Just tried to post this, and was refused. BUT ... it warned me that it wouldn't post before it deleted the message, so I could do a quick 'save', register again and 'paste' the saved response. Whew - that's a new refinement which is very useful!
  • Glad you had a good weekend, OG. Does EE sometimes ring you from the supermarket to say "They haven't got those, but they do have...." etc etc. I notice a lot of folks doing that these days, mobiles do have their uses!

If you see the pic of Bonnie, she is on the sofa, yes, but underneath her is her own "doggy blanket" which is a compromise on the fact that she immediately jumped over all the furniture when introduced to the caravan, so I'm resigned to her refusing to stay on the carpet. We used to bring her dog bed but she never sat in it.... I talked to her whilst my OH rattled away with her food dish in the kitchen, so eventually she rushed to see what was on offer & I girded my loins, grabbed it & threw the smelly fish out of the balcony door! Later, my OH took it and threw it into a hedge on a field, so wildlife could enjoy it! Ugh. Had to get out the air freshener afterwards!

• My effort to try & capture a Welsh chapel through the car window, at speed yesterday!

• Saw this one in spite of the wall around it!