Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is Thursday, 17 September. 

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, happy week!

I saw this meme today. I liked it, so I thought I'd put the link HERE. Dr. Sharon Blackie is an Irish writer, psychologist, and mythologist. 

• That meme felt personal to me, because of the message, but also because my area has had dense fog late into the morning for a week and I've had several encounters with deer lately.
  • That is beautiful DIANE. Thank you for sharing it. . . and for starting us off.

We use mankey (mostly younger people) and punnet for berry fruits.

The airport (near us) had 8.6 mm rain overnight. This morn it is again a lovely cool sunny spring day.

• Just a thought

If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.
    If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
    If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
    If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else. (Chinese Proverb)

• Diane:  Thank you for starting us off and for Dr. Blackie's soothing reflections.  We too have had dense fog in the mornings.  It's a November characteristic but this year has been nothing but atypical..

AQ; I want to take a nap, eat some fish that someone else caught and inherit a fortune so I can help lots of people.  Glad you have nice weather....

Got lots done today and discovered some cool weather pants are tighter than they were back in March.  :-(

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Good morning, all. It's going to be another lovely day here today.

Diane, loved the meme - though I've always tended to head to the sea (or nearest water) as I've always found that calming.

Aquilareen, like the proverb - I agree, it's usually very worthwhile helping other people. Some people, though, can't (or won't) be helped and it ends up being far from rewarding if you continue to try.

Right, time for a nice hot cuppa.
  • ANNETTE - it is a fact of life that pants left unworn will shrink. LOL

• CLARE – Good afternoon/morning. I agree that some people can be, er, impossible. Please note, I do not always agree with quotes I post.

• aquilareen said:
    I agree that some people can be, er, impossible.

No kidding.  Subtly put!

aquilareen said:
    Please note, I do not always agree with quotes I post.

That's what I assumed.  I actually look forward to seeing them each day - they're interesting and thought-provoking.

• Good Morning, and thank you to Diane for starting us off again.

AQ -- We won't shoot the messenger! We have a DJ here called Steve Wright, and he sometimes reads out ideas or lists of things people can do to try and revive their romantic relationships. But they're often ridiculous, and he doesn't apologise for falling about laughing whilst reading them out!

Sunny here as promised and we hope to do a bit more garden tidying, then stop and sit in it!

Edit:  We hope for a quiet day, as next door where the young uns live, they're having the bathroom ripped out and a new one installed. A lot of of banging around and things being thrown into a big skip. The bathroom was completely redone, renovated and modernised by the man who rejuvenated the house only a few years ago, so it makes me cringe to see the fancy bath in the skip!

• Good morning, Lindy. Is that Steve Wright in the Afternoon? He's a really good DJ.

Sadly to hear about the waste next door. I bet if they'd tried selling the bath they would have had some takers.