Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK, HAPPY NEW MONTH, and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, joyful week! 

The full Harvest Moon is 2 September. It's late on the night of 1 September for Annette.

For the gardeners on this thread, HERE is a photo of cardinal flowers blooming on the prairie at a state park near my hometown. Cardinal flowers (lobelia cardinalis) are wildflowers native to our prairie. It's a member of the Bluebell family. They depend on hummingbirds for pollination. I just thought they were a happy sight.

• See the greenness, see the clearest sky in brightest blue -
    See the peaceful fields, cows grazing,
    The sea as always, looks amazing!
    Wales, you know that I love you.
  • Not surprised, Lindy! You have inspired me to explore that part of the world more - once we have more freedom to roam far from home!
  • Lindy, I like the idea of your OH polishing the mountains!

Thanks all for news. Granddaughter left yesterday. My laptop packed up last week, so no communication.

Fortunately Mac Doctor within walking distance. Communication restored (at a price).
  • Belated birthday wishes, LINDY! Thank you for sharing the photos, they are reminding me of Wales....
    OG,- yes, it is the same friend who met with others a few weeks ago. She is off for another get together with her friends, this afternoon. I'm sure that your curtains can't be that dirty ! I won't tell you how long my sitting room and dining room curtains have been up and not sent to the cleaners. Mind you, neither room is used very often.
    ANNETTE - you'll be glad that you got the chair when you did. Amy has ordered herself new bedroom furniture from Ikea and expects delivery next week, I think.
    I'm not long back from the hairdresser. Very quiet, lots of safety measures including taking my temperature.
  • Belated birthday wishes from me as well, Lindy. Sorry, brain not back in gear yet after granddaughter's visit.

I loved the photos too. N Wales is spectacular. We went over the border as much as we could when we lived in Chester. Your pics brought back memories.
  • LOL Rosy!! Just looked back, and indeed he was busy polishing them, according to my scribble!! The poetry was similarly roughly done, as written when thinking about our last few sunny days, and typed out at speed. Should not have posted it really.

Walked on our beach this morning and the stupid dog ate another of those so called Mermaids purses -- afterwards her breath was indescribable! Fishy...ugh.
  • Heather, I'm sure you feel lots better after your visit to the hairdressers. :-)

Right, time to put on more pictures of yesterday...
  • The left hand beach at Criccieth, where dogs are allowed. Mountains in the distance are across the nearby estuary at Portmadoc.

• Bonnie discovering a recently deceased gull on the sand. No sign of injury. Thankfully she left it alone.

• Another spaniel was having a glorious time in the water, but Bonnie ignored him completely and wouldn't go in and get wet!