LG Chick Stats for future years, presently 2008 to 2011 historical record.

EDIT: 16th July 2011. The latest 2011 stats are on page 2 of this thread.

EDIT: 1st December 2010.

Now including 2010 stats immediately below. The previous title of this thread was.......

'*** 2009 and *** 2008 Chicks Stats - in draft copy - for review/agreement.'

2010 data.

Word 2010

Word 97-2003

Image for those without Word.

END of edit.

oooooooOOOOooooooo

I have made a first draft copy of 2009 season's chicks statistics. I am putting it up on a new thread for your comments, corrections and additional information. Then we should produce an up-to-date record of the 2009 season and the development of the young birds up to the present.

I suggest that only discussion relevant to the above objective, be included. Any informal discussion could continue on the Daily LG Update, (or its successor during the migration months).

I am doing this now, before the likely drop off of contributors, to the threads during the coming months, so that their contributions are captured.

I shall also do a stats page for 2008, when I get time.

Specific points.

I have assumed that Garten's migration started the day after he was last seen at 8.30pm.

I have recorded Mallachie as missing, because the sat-pack stopped sending. Sticking to the facts as we know them, without drawing any further speculative conclusions. I think that this is the most sympathetic solution, without causing anyone any further upset.

Sightings of migrating juveniles is a bit of a grey area, but we have had some sightings and here is a subject  where a joint effort could pay dividends, as reading through the blogs is very time consuming. So far, I have only put in Mallachie's star performance, posing for Didier (Xalbai), which everyone loved so much.

If there are any other headings needed, these can be added. The resulting document can be referred to in Sue C's Q and A thread. for future reference.

I hope to have your support in this project, thanks.

Here it the first draft in Word 2010

and in Word 97 - 2003

Later I shall post an image of the document for those without MS Offfice, but I find sizing it problematical, it usually ends up being too small or too large, so bear with me now, as I have to go out.

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies