Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week. Not much summer left now. 

Here's a photo--taken by Indiana's official state photographer--showing one of our Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds

Also, I found out that my hometown area (which is about an hour north of where I live now) has a breeding pair of Mississippi Kites. These aerial raptors normally reside in the deep south, and Indiana has only a few pair in the entire state. Click the arrows to see all three photos if you're interested. 

Take care and be strong, all. 

• Morning all: Painters showing up in 30 minutes to do touch up.......
  • HEATHER - your quote from Mia made me laugh out loud!
  • Love that, Heather!!

Glad everyone enjoyed the photos.

Pouring rain here - stopped us contemplating a sightseeing walk around Caernarfon before the weekend crowds arrive (for those not in UK, it's a Bank Holiday this weekend) Went for a jolly walk around B&Q instead, and bought....a new loo seat!! We know how to live, here.....

The couple next door are very outdoorsy. Their younger relatives arrived an hour ago, and have now put wet suits on and gone canoeing. Already wet, I suppose, LOL!!
  • We've spent ages on the big jigsaw we began two days ago. It's 1,000 pieces and my OH is so keen to finish, he was doing it when I got up this morning and had to be dragged away from it this afternoon.
  • Not supposed to be bank hol in Scotland this weekend, but surgery had a notice on door to say they will be closed on Monday!
  • OG – I can’t eat “fishy” fish, hence my choice of whiting, even though it is expensive. But, hey, I go out so rarely. And these days what else can I spend my money on.

HEATHER - I did see the MAMILs later, cycling slowly down another street. I doubt their exercise would have worked off the lattes! It doesn’t sound as if Mia is fussed about her height.

LINDA – Your shopping spree - as ANNETTE would say, a First World problem.

Waiting for OH to decide about lunch out. Sometime in next quarter hour he will, or not, make a move.

• I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday.

Better days are coming, they are called Saturday and Sunday.

• Haha - Mamils - I thought it was a bird or fish until I read AQ's post about seeing them cycling down the road.

AQ;  I love 'a better tomorrow..."  

Painter did most of the work  but will be back tomorrow to finish off (again).  We got OH's office back to some sort of order.with boxes of his books now on fold-up tables in the garage. Went for take out tonight, drove carefully back into the garage and found I couldn't get out of the car.. All sorted out.

Take care everyone.

• I so agree with others. There's fish and fishy fish. I can't eat fishy fish.
  • AQ - I had to smile at your deciding on whiting 'even though it's expensive'. When I was a child our cat had whiting - my mother would never have dreamed of giving it to us! Ditto coley, which is now a fairly expensive fish. Just shows how over-fishing has changed our eating habits.

Woke up to a completely black sky with the sun shining merrily - really beautiful if rather threatening. Now the sun has gone, the sky is grey and looks like rain is on the way.