LOCH ARKAIG -The Woodland Trust - AUGUST 2020 and Mary GK's wonderful video of the 2020 season

• As a postscript to the last fish, JJ6 left soon after arriving so JJ8 got the entire fish to herself. It therefore seems that all chicks have eaten sufficiently today. I am sure it is too early for Aila to be heading south but when was she last seen? Ian
  • In reply to MaryGK:

MaryGK said:

I know it's not quite the end of the season yet, but I won't be able to do a video once the family have gone in a few weeks time, so I am a bit early.   I have never tried to do a video of a whole season before, so it's been quite a challenge to get it to come in at around 30 minutes. So get in a comfy chair, with cup of coffee/tea or a wee dram in hand and hopefully enjoy the Famous Five.

-------------------------------------------------

Mary, your video is amazing! Brilliant captures, brilliant music and brilliantly put together. Thank you so much! 

• 18.05, all three chicks are on the nest as Louis brings in a fish. There is a melee involving I think JJ6 & JJ8. I am not sure of the back and forth but JJ6 has the fish at the moment. Ian

Louis says "get me out of here"!

(c) THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• JJ6 (on the right) definitely standing his ground and retaining the fish despite the advances of JJ8 (I think). See you all tomorrow. Ian

• 18.44, JJ6 flies with the fish, looks like this one is all his. Ian

• In reply to Ian S:

Ian S said:
    As a postscript to the last fish, JJ6 left soon after arriving so JJ8 got the entire fish to herself. It therefore seems that all chicks have eaten sufficiently today. I am sure it is too early for Aila to be heading south but when was she last seen? Ian

Aila was seen at 05.09 this morning, very briefly