LOCH ARKAIG - AUGUST 2020 TO FEBRUARY 2021. Highlights are Mary GK's and Geemeff's wonderful videos of the 2020 season

• Well, this is quite a clamjamfry of osps

(c) WT Loch Arkaig

• 15.51, Aila, JJ6 & JJ7 are on the nest when Louis brings in a fish. At 15.53, Louis is still on the nest with the fish, the other three are fish calling as if he wasn't there! Ian

EDIT - 15.58, Louis decides to start on the fish. 16.00, Aila takes the fish, any bets that she will feed one or both the chicks like yesterday with JJ6?

EDIT1 - Aila is indeed holding mouthfulls of fish to JJ6 but he is too busy shouting to take them! Eventually (just to please his Mum) he takes some from her.

(c) THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• Mummy's oldest baby being fed, aw shucks (not). Ian

EDIT - 16.19 & 16.21, JJ7 and JJ6 leave respectively. I think Aila has finished the fish, she is on the nest still at 16.36. I'm going offline for the rest of the day.

(c) THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• In reply to Korky:

Korky said:

Well, this is quite a clamjamfry of osps

(c) WT Loch Arkaig

What a splendid word, Korky, another new one for my collection! A quick google gave me: 

Definition of clamjamfry. 1 chiefly Scottish : rabble, mob. 2 chiefly Scottish : odds and ends, rubbish.

• I'm glad to see Vera on the nest, yelling. I hope her wish is fulfilled.

(c) WT Loch Arkaig

• I see on play back she was eating at 19.30 

(c) WT Loch Arkaig

• "I hate this weather, is it ever going to stop raining?"

© The Woodland Trust

Richard B

• Thanks for pics and updates, they are certainly ready for the big migration. I expect Aila will be off soon.

http://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/wildlife-webcams/loch-of-lowes/

RSPB Giving Nature a Home

• Seven fish were delivered to the nest today, and the debate still rages about the species of fishes 4-7 inclusive. Beyond debate is the identity of this little late night visitor: