Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is on 20 July.

Everyone have a safe and content week!

• Just popping in, have got two granddaughters here for a sleepover and it is also the 18 th birthday of another granddaughter, Katie.
  • OG here. Will be reading and mostly lurking. Magazine nearly done - next will be proof-reading. E-E is defrosting chest freezer this afternoon. Weather dull but drier than this morning.
  • Annette, Sounds like fun in your house. Also at the zoo! Who knew lions could provide so much entertainment and learning opportunities?

AQ, I am nominating you for the Patient Person of the year award for the button saga.

Heather, Lovely to have the granddaughters over. How is Katie celebrating her 18th?

It is raining here today, so no watering required.
  • ROSY - sadly no party for Katie because of current circumstances but just a few people in the garden, not all at once. She has had a lovely day.
    I hope that your OHs procedure goes well.
    OG - imagine that you are very frustrated by now and longing for a new computer...
  • Not been here as too busy! But apparently, busy doing Not A Lot!

Dull skies this morning so went off to stock up in big s'market in Caernarfon, approx 25 mins away. Plenty of room in their car park. Bought a few treats & tins for the storecupboard- I have to have stuff in stock as no shops whatsoever, where we are, except for a petrol station a mile or so away where they do at least have milk & bread for emergencies.

Then walked around the Marina in Caernarfon. Very quiet and few businesses open. Pics later.

This afternoon the sun came out for an hour so we sat out long enough to grab some vitamin D and read the newspapers. Then cloudy skies again and a shower - when that stopped, walked on our own beach where Bonnie rediscovered the dead seal from our last visit, so a wash was in order before she could come indoors.

My OH forgot my walking stick, which I remember handing to him in our driveway when he had the car boot open, a couple of days before we came here. He also forgot the dogs harness, which makes it easier to control her, although we do have a lead to put on her collar. <sigh> We did bring our bucket of home grown potatoes, but then I asked about them being packed, about five times! I grieves me so much as I pack everything else, including his clothes, my clothes, coats, all the food, clean towels, sheets, etc. Also nowadays am in charge of all our face masks & scarves of course. Shocked to find that in the supermarket here, we were in the minority, even though the staff all wore them, from those marshalling us outside, to those restocking shelves & on the tills.
  • There used to be various coffee shops, art galleries & a small cinema around this Marina. Now there's nothing left but one Chinese restaurant, open only at night, and a pub/restaurant which looks to be clinging on. Very sad.

• Have probably put this on before- various things are depicted on the pavement to do with local folklore as Wales has a rich history. 

Just had to reduce the size of the pic because it wouldn't post.

• Probably shown this before, too - a fancy clock in the middle of the smart new flats built overlooking the modern Marina.