Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is on 20 July.

Everyone have a safe and content week!

• OG - Sorry about your pain. And how horrible, as you say, when it also affects your mobility. Please see the medics and see if it can be helped. (HUGS)

Rosy, Don't worry, I won't sulk if you miss a post, or don't comment! There are a lot of us on here, often writing a lot of stuff, so it's hard to comment upon everything. I for one will never be offended :-)

Sorry you've had some vandalism. It does seem to be increasing. I keep reading about examples of it. Also, my OH went into the small woods near us yesterday with the dog and found that there had been another drinks party, with plenty of beer bottles strewn about. He's going to clear it all up again today for the second time.
  • Sat in Sue's garden this morning in the sunshine and shared some local gossip. She has just bought some really lovely pictures to put in her living area, of Lake District scenes - Elter Water and Derwent Water. They're really good, and so restful to sit contemplating. I "ran" through the room really quickly, just to see them, as we try not to go inside the house, usually.

My OH is now outside in our garden, reading. I'm trying to catch up on my sleep.
  • Thank you DIANE for getting us going. I'm trying to imagine what the intense heat must be like x
    LINDY, OG, ROSY and everyone - these are strange times and seem to be affecting us all, psychologically. And of course, mind and body are so intertwined. I've been feeling strangely tired after doing what seems to be very little. Easily weepy and frustrated at what I see as weakness, darn it! I'm wondering how PAT is getting on - if you're reading this PAT, it is in no way sending you a nudge. Just sending good wishes.
    ANNETTE - good that you will be looking after Miss D. You will, I think, he happy to have her at your home x
    OG - Horrible for you to be in so much pain. It must be so much worse if it interrupts sleep as I know it does. I think that J will indeed be anxious about how school life will be. Is he ever on his own with the children of is there another adult present?

Middle daughter had a bit of a drama this morning. The ballcock in the water tank in her loft failed and Amy woke her up to tell her that water was pouring out of the overflow on to the garden. Fortunately I was able to tell her what it would be as had this happen here a few years ago. Plumber has now been. .
  • Heather - I'm OK, thank you. A bit miserable yesterday as it was my great-nephew's fourth birthday party and I wasn't there! Photographs just don't hack it. I seem to be constantly tired, although I am usually sleeping more hours than what used to be 'normal'. And yes, a bit weepy. The weather today hasn't helped, although I guess it was our turn to have rain in the south.

Lovely trip to Hever Castle with a friend last week. Seems to be my 'go to' place at the moment. Lots of variety (don't go into the Castle as I've seen it so many times before) but the grounds are huge and you can really stretch your legs. And three bowls matches last week - pairs, so serious exercise. And three more in the coming week. And a visit to a local National Trust garden. And - yes - another trip to Hever with a different friend. So plenty of exercise, which helps put mind and body back into balance. At the moment my mind seems to be into overdrive most of the time, while my body hardly leaves the settee and the computer!

Rosy - So sorry to hear about your vandalism. It's so mindless and pointless - what do people gain from behaving like that?

OG - So sorry also to hear about your pain. So horrible as it affects all aspects of your life. I do hope it subsides soon.

Lindy - Hope you are feeling a bit better today. I don't think Boris helped any of us the other day when he thought things would not be back to normal until 'at least' November ...
  • OG So sorry to know you are in a lot of pain.. Hope you can get help soon.

LINDY/ROSY Yet more vandalism and litter. I am afraid it is up to the rest of us to clear up after these thoughtless people, tempting as it is just to ignore the mess, we just can't.

Was called by OH to say "something strange was going on outside". I watched as a lady looking somewhat confused knocked on the door of a neighbour across the road, but the driveway was blocked by a van so didn't see what happened next. We then saw a man walking up the road holding 2 walking sticks. As he disappeared past the house and round the corner out of sight I followed him and called out to see if he needed help. It turns out he was the ladies husband and she had dementia. Took him back to our neighbours and he helped her home which was a short walk away at the bottom of our road. How very sad for the whole family. It is such a dreadful illness.
  • DIBNLIB - indeed it is a horrible illness. Good that you were able to help x
    PAT - I had remembered about little Charlie's birthday, It is hard when one is part of a close family.
    Raining again here, just a shower.
    I've given in and ordered a wheely shopping bag. Never thought I'd see the day. Wish I'd persevered with the driving lessons :-)
  • PAT - maybe I'm listening to more radio than usual but there seem to be many more repeats on Radio 4 and the World Service. I'm hearing the same programmes on both channels....
  • Yes, Heather, I'm sure you're right. Problem is, I usually hear the beginning (or the end!) on one and then the end (or the beginning) on the other - but usually the same bits!! All very confusing ...
  • Well, its been an odd day. I was going to type that I felt better today, but then I found that when I went to put that, I suddenly felt a bit like bursting into tears again! My sis in law said about ten days ago that she felt the same: she is a very tough person mentally, who has always said "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and has been through much, including having a disabled son, a bad car crash, a rather nasty divorce and several clashes with people I can't name on here. However, we both think that we feel this way because of all the uncertainty. These are strange times indeed.

Talked on the phone to our son and he was holding little Rosie, who is warbling away in spite of having a red cheek because of teething. She is a joy. How we managed to visit them without either of us picking her up for a big hug and a kiss, I really don't know.