LOCH OF THE LOWES - JULY/AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to may/june-2020

Webcam page with links to LotL Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve FB, Twitter and Blogs >>>

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

All captures and videos ©Scottish Wildlife Trust/Loch of the Lowes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the season progresses, Laddie (LM12) continues to make occasional visits to the empty webcam nest, defending his area from passing intruders.  It is hoped that both he and NC0 have a successful nest in the vicinity of the Loch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

21st July  - NC0 made an appearance on the nest, her first visit since 19th April 

24th July  - NC0, confirmed ring identification during a second visit to the nest

10th August  - Laddie's last appearance on the webcam nest > Here and Video by Scylla

20th August  - One chick for Laddie (LM12) and NC0 > successful-first-season-for-loch-of-the-lowes-ospreys

6th September - Probable migration date for Laddie (LM12) and the juvenile was Saturday, 29th August >

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/09/up-and-running-again/

• Sandra P said:
    Around 11:00 Laddie onto the nest, chipping. Another brief visit

Just to show I care...

The Raven had a big tail feather missing:

And:

That's up to about 3 hours ago. 

My heart is in my imaginary boots because my network problems are back... even worse Weary

• Oh Scylla, so sorry to hear about your network problems...

Many thanks for Laddie's video and raven/fly snaps, much appreciated under trying circumstances
  • Juvenile tawny on the nest 23:01

It flew off but I can still hear calling

23:14 Lots of shadows and continuous calling

Oh look, one hiding behind the nest

23:28 Activity continuing.  I must sign off now

©SWT/LotL

• Sandra P said:

Oh look, one hiding behind the nest

Truly scrumptious, SANDRA Ice cream

I don't know if I'll have it because my downloads have been saying they're dowloading but actually standing still !!!  I think I've fixed it again but it seems to be only temporary Thinking

I'm not going to even try to do a video, unless you say there was something unusual that should be catalogued ;)

• Lovely captures of the tawny ladies.

I can empathise with your network problems Scylla, we experienced the same for several weeks, Internet dropping out every few minutes, resetting hub etc.. we were almost at the stage of buying a new hub, so glad we didn’t as for some strange reason it started working OK again.  

• 00:05 I've been hearing the juvenile Tawny Owls calling but neither have visited the nest so far
  • Sandra P said:
    I've been hearing the juvenile Tawny Owls

Yes, I found their voices but didn't find them on the nest at all Disappointed

However, at around 04:00 this little bird appeared thru the grass etc at the back of the nest - whatever could it be at that time of the morning? Thinking 

I cropped it and made it less glary but whether that's an improvement... ???

It's dead still this morning, not a breath of wind.

• I will go for blue tit Scylla as I was able to expand it on iPad Grinning

• MaryGK said:

I will go for blue tit Scylla as I was able to expand it on iPad

You've nearly inspired me to buy an iPad Stuck out tongue

I've just put it on full screen and see what you mean!

• 11:01 Laddie onto the nest, chipping. There's a second Osprey chipping in the distance

11:14 After a period of silence and looking around, he began to chip again

11:29 He's very quiet, just resting and checking his area

11:30

11:31 Laddie flew from the nest

Fantastic to see him for half an hour on the nest, recent visits have been very brief

©SWT/LotL