LOCH OF THE LOWES - JULY/AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to may/june-2020

Webcam page with links to LotL Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve FB, Twitter and Blogs >>>

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

All captures and videos ©Scottish Wildlife Trust/Loch of the Lowes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the season progresses, Laddie (LM12) continues to make occasional visits to the empty webcam nest, defending his area from passing intruders.  It is hoped that both he and NC0 have a successful nest in the vicinity of the Loch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

21st July  - NC0 made an appearance on the nest, her first visit since 19th April 

24th July  - NC0, confirmed ring identification during a second visit to the nest

10th August  - Laddie's last appearance on the webcam nest > Here and Video by Scylla

20th August  - One chick for Laddie (LM12) and NC0 > successful-first-season-for-loch-of-the-lowes-ospreys

6th September - Probable migration date for Laddie (LM12) and the juvenile was Saturday, 29th August >

scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/2020/09/up-and-running-again/

• Sandra P said:
    Two separate calls and a hoot too. Would be lovely if they visited the nest!

I've just come across them, SANDRA, and am popping in to leave a snap and say that it will be a heckuva task creating a watchable video - and finding the best pre-arrival sounds will be even more heckuva Astonished 

Mighta know'd you'da spotted them Smile

To be going along with, heehee, it's just a 2-owl shot grabbed at random, there doesn't seem to be much of 2 on the nest:

Ohhh for a timeline!

• scylla said:
    finding the best pre-arrival sounds will be even more heckuva  

I decided not to attempt a variety - from what I could hear there wasn't much of that and I couldn't find any Tawny hooty sounds.

I tried to lower the volume in the MovieMaker editor with which I join up the clips, but it doesn't seem to work.  I usually do audio edits on the finished version with another program but haven't got the oomph to go thru that this morning.  So watch out for too-loud "squawks".

MARY - Will your MovieMaker adjust volume?  Mine will only mute.

• Lovely video Scylla.    When my Moviemaker was working yes I could adjust video sound, unfortunately it has completely bombed out on me now, it freezes as soon as I try to load anything to it, so I am sill researching an alternative program.  

• That’s great to see Scylla. Excellent to get an actual visual confirmation.

• Oh, how absolutely wonderful to see the pair of them! Fab vid Scylla thank you Thumbsup

• MovieMaker:

MaryGK said:
    it has completely bombed out on me now, it freezes as soon as I try to load anything to it,

Therefore I can't see that you've anything to lose, uninstalling (rebooting) and reinstalling it from a different exe file.  I'm saying that because most other video editors baffle me - but I wouldn't put it past you to master one in no time, once you put your mind to it Confounded Wink

I'd better post something ON-topic...but I can't find anyone on the nest so it'll have to be the runaway grasses in Laddie's absence:

• It is no longer available from Microsoft Scylla so I wouldn’t risk downloading it from anywhere else.

Oh my those grasses are getting very long ha ha....

• From scroll back. Only a few visitors that I've found so far today...

Around 11:00 Laddie onto the nest, chipping. Another brief visit

11:20ish A raven

14:45ish A fly on the cam lens! Slight smile

©SWT/LotL

• Thanks Mary. I only found the raven and fly at first but then something told me to have another check, that's how I found Laddie's very short visit :)