WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MAY 17, 2020

Just getting us going.....

• No sign of LINDA this morning - do hope she is okay!

Back to warm and dry here today - already sent OH to sow some seeds - previous sowings doing well, except for Cucumbers and Courgettes which normally thrive (even over-produce!)
  • I'm OK -- just over slept, then had to rush around to get things ready as sis in law has been over to sit in our garden: she brought her own folding chair & a flask of coffee, and we all enjoyed a nice, distanced chat.

Very hot here now, like a summer's day.
  • EAGLE EYE The jigsaw is called Heyes CRAZY CIRCUS". I have started but not completed it in the past. It is 1500 pieces and very colourful.
  • Very quiet here but I imagine that those of us in the UK are making the most of a very sunny and warm day..
    I have been pulling weeds, so hard that have burst a blood vessel in index finger !!!
    Memo to self - that is why I have a garden fork....
  • Hallo all: I've been getting oranges off the tree and sorting out return packages for some things I need but which didn't fit (so what else is new), but did get one pair of longish shorts that I could wear out in public!!! Amazing. I also cut waaaay back a huge bi-color lavatera (mallow) that - thanks to my neglect - developed a terrible case of rust. Spoke to the very knowledgeable guy at a local garden center yesterday and am following his advice. Had to clean up all the leaves and mulch around the stump and then spray the ground (an eco-friendly spray so they say) and must keep that area clean and spray again as the plant grows back. I'm getting too old for this.

You UK folks are certainly getting some heat. Good luck keeping people away from the beaches and parks... Pleasant enough here.
  • OG – The Trio love reading (or hearing) the same books over and over.

HEATHER – I am safe from weeding as it has been raining. It is getting too cold for my leafy greens (chard & spinach). I can barely pick enough for our weekly “dose”.

ANNETTE – I hope I never have to buy clothes online. I have so much trouble getting anything that fits in normal times.

My local Target had much nicer leggings for MissL, even some floral in peach colour (her current favourite colour). Is it unkind to donate horrible coloured leggings to the needy box?

My local library is “open”. Only 10 people besides staff allowed in the library, 20 min visit only, 1 person per aisle. Returns only through outside chute. They still have click & collect, so that’s what I shall use for a few weeks. I have returned most of my last batch which I ordered via catalogue, some good, some not so. OH is getting excited as cafes & restaurants will be open for dining (lunch?) tomorrow with 10 seated inside and 10 outside (Brrr) and serving alcohol. Most are complaining it will not be viable and I have yet to see OH’s favourites opening. Pubs are grizzling they can’t open until 5 June and they are demanding 50 patrons. We have had 1 new case in past 4 weeks, but let’s not be too hasty and spoil it now. Most shops are reopening, people working from home are going back to work, with extra precautions. Footballers have started training (most important this!)

• Just a thought
    They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.
  • Good Morning. Slightly damp here, on the windows - not sure that it's rained much, though. My OH has gone out to golf without waking me as he was booked in early.

AQ - Glad things are easing up there, but as you say, it must be slowly & carefully. I'm sure someone will like the leggings, whatever colour they are!

Annette - We lost a couple of mallows two years ago, but think it was the frost which got them. Have replaced them and have fingers crossed, as I love them.

Heather - Sounds as if you've been taking it out too enthusiastically on the weeds! I hate wearing gloves to garden, as you can't be accurate when you can't feel things.

Must go and get started so that I can get some cleaning done, then get back in the garden for the couple of warm days that we have.
  • OG - I hope the haircuts were successful!!
  • Dear little Rosie, trying out daisy chains for the 1st time.