Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• Aw, Annette - he's lovely. What a great life he will have, now :-)
  • Who do I blame for the fact that the melody of The Ash Grove has been in my head for two days?
    We had a member here from Finland who used to call such things an ' ear worm' ! I just can't recall her name, sadly.
  • Funny that, Heather - I've had the same ear worm all day! Woke up humming it this morning … well, there are a lot of worse songs to have running around your head …
  • Oh dear...... just be grateful I didn't upload a video of me singing it!
  • I sure that would have been just as beautiful as my offering, Annette!
  • My recent earworm has been "Eye Level" - the original theme tune of "Van der Walk" and unfortunately "The Ash Grove" didn't manage to replace it!

ANNETTE - I am sure Ozzie will enjoy his new home with your Daughter - she certainly has a thing for big old dogs! I hope all goes well with him.
  • I wonder if you were thinking of Van der Valk because its been in the news, OG? I saw a report that the public were disappointed because the old theme tune had been dropped from the new series which has been made.

I want to have this afternoon over again. Several things went wrong, including my trying to treat my OH to a lemon meringue tart, but finding that I'd measured my pastry out wrongly because I was trying to get a stew cooking on the stove at the same time (memo to Self: Only do one thing at a time in the kitchen...) Then I must have got something in the bowl when I tried to whip up my meringue, as no way would it go into peaks. In the end, I folded in the rest of the sugar and just threw it on top of the pie. When it came out of oven, it looked, well -- awful!!!!!

We decided that as it was full of good ingredients, we'd eat it anyway. It was a soggy mess and hard to even get slices on the plates, but if you closed your eyes, it tasted OK. I struggled anyway because whilst eating my stew I had bitten my tongue quite hard. Ugh.
  • Lindybird:  Doesn't sound like a day I'd like to do over!  You get A for effort in my book.  I'm not sure I'd even attempt a lemon-meringue pie.  Don't you hate biting your tongue?  It makes my eyes cross.....

OG:  As long as my daughter doesn't get another blankety-blank horse, I'm happy!

Tree people came today and did a wonderful job on the olives (I got hints on the best way to thin them in between serious prunings); they also took a couple of feet off the top of the orange tree (some dead limbs among them), which may result in some suckering but meanwhile produced three bags of oranges that I took to the Food Bank.  There's plenty more still on it!