Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• At least you'll have your halo on, AQ!

Good Morning (is it, really?). I fell asleep eventually on the sofa, at about 4.00am. I sifted through some of the conundrums of life in the small hours, but can't say I've got any solutions to reveal. Only that the TV News coverage in the middle of the night is just as boring as the rest of the time.

Now must get some breakfast and decide whether to go out on my shopping trip.
  • The bobble hat I bought! Very patriotic.

• Lindy - If your OH belonged to my golf club he would be pinching that hat!
  • LINDY - I'm sorry that you had such a sleepless night. You'll be feeling washed out today, I think x
    That is indeed a bonny hat !
  • Funny about parcels, LINDA – we are also on a corner at a junction, and the sign for the side road which goes around behind us is actually on our property, But our house – with its number on the door – does face the correct way on our road. Our missing parcel 1 of 2 did arrive this morning, but still no sign or the other which was preceded by an estimated later one! Sorry your night was so awful; I had a lot of pain apparently lying on a nerve and was up at 1am and 5 am – with very little sleep between - then OH had trouble trying to wake me at 8am! Like the hat!

I did find the moon last night! I caught site of it through the leaves at the top of my willow tree because I was looking a bit earlier than the previous evening. Sent OH to take photos, but haven’t seen them yet – I think he would have done better with a smaller lens – the zoom was apparently very confused by the distant moon and the tree nearby as a point for judging the size.

Not sure what is planned for the afternoon. Revitalised by “day off” Wednesday, J has set himself a target for finishing his current course on autism and is hoping to find one on ADHD next. I shall probably be literally “watching paint dry” today as I think OH wants to treat an awkward fence panel in the corner.
  • Pat O said:
    Lindy - If your OH belonged to my golf club he would be pinching that hat!

LOL!! He has been eyeing it, but I said "You have to buy your own if you want one!"

(Bought in The Big River Site, where they also have stripey socks :-)  )

• I have a reputation at my golf club for my shirt and socks always matching. Your OH could get the same reputation with Union Jacks at each end!
  • OG - Sorry to hear about your night, it sounds much worse than mine. Hope you can catch up today.

Spent a happy hour this morning, taking photos of our gas & electricity meters, sending them to myself, then composing an email attaching the pics. We've been having arguments with our energy supplier. The fourth one in only about five years. We have smart meters installed on their insistence by the previous providers, but none of our bills make much sense. Then we got several requests for us to Read The Meter - we can't, we said, it's a smart meter. Cue a half hour of my OH climbing a ladder and being talked through how to press buttons.... Eventually, it was decided they would email us, & the email asked for photos so that they could see what kinds we had. Fun & Games. I said that it might prove to be a good outcome as if we have been paying estimated bills for ages, it's possible we have overpaid and are now in credit. OH grumpily thinks the opposite and we will have a horrendous bill.

Watch this space!
  • LINDY Here's hoping you are right and that you are well in credit.
  • LINDY I am with you on that. Limes and Lemons are just way to finish off a meal. Delish