Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• LOL!! Pat!! - but a shame you didn't get your treat!
  • PatO: Yes, I had to read that bit about cows, etc enjoying "sprouting" weeds twice (shades of the chia pet.) until I realized I didn't know enough about crop/gardening, etc., terminology. :-))
  • LoL! I also had to re-read that bit twice, although after writing earlier I had actually looked it up myself.

Just had a lovely afternoon in the garden. Big cloud came quite close about 5 pm, but didn't drop anything here and sky is clear blue again now.
  • SunnyKate: Thank you for your lovely post about deep-breathing, meditation, and letting go. I appreciated it. I'm trying to remind myself to engage in these emotionally healthier practices. I know it's been a stressful time for lots of people. Nice to see you! 

Harelady: I'm sorry about your nightmare and the sleep paralysis. I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times in my life, and it is indeed horrible. I hope you don't have any more instances of it, because I know it's unnerving and can upset a person for days.

Rosy: I'm also sorry that you've had to deal with that condition in your life. It truly is ghastly. 

Heather: I had to laugh about your wild painted-leg dream! 

All: After reading the posts by Harelady, Heather, and others, I coincidentally happened across this short article. Apparently, much of the world's population are having vivid, emotive dreams and other sleep phenomena during this time of anxiety and uncertainty. Researchers are conducting studies to explore the spike in dream- and sleep-related issues. One centre is even offering information sheets to people so they can better cope.

SEE HERE

• Cold few days here with no gardening ..
    OH put together new garden furniture and today I have given kitchen a total deep clean. Wrinkly fingers can prove that.
    I still have my 2 deliveries a week. Asda is ongoing but I have found a formula for a Tesco and now have the next 4 Saturdays . If you are a Tesco shopper I can reveal said formula .
  • Thanks Diane for starting us off.

AQ - hope you get your eyedrops - can you not go online and order prescriptions, we have a system here whereby we can go online and order or drugs when needed.

Love the thought for the day.

Watched the morning service from Bangor Cathedral this morning. This is a good series, considering we are on lockdown and can't worship collectively - but can do it through these services, different churches each week.

Have a good week all. Been cloudy down here today but had the washing out yesterday as it was a great day.
  • Banging noises from the Grand Design, so my washing will have an audience. I am escaping later – to chemist to get eye drops. I have 10 days’ worth left but I’m not taking any chances that stocks are low. One of them comes from Ireland! I had not intended going to supermarket until next week, but I shall pick up more bread. I wonder if sanitizer is available yet?

LYNETTE - I could have the eye drops delivered but they should be kept cool and I would be concerned at heat in delivery van.  

• A supermarket manager overheard a clerk saying to a customer, "No, ma'am, we haven't had any for quite some time now, and it doesn't look as if we'll be getting any more."
    Alarmed by what was being said, the manager rushed over to the customer who was walking out the door and said, "That isn't true, ma'am. Of course, we'll have some soon. In fact, I personally placed an order for them just a couple of days ago."
    Then the manager drew the clerk aside and growled, "Never, never, never, never say we don't have something. If we don't have it, say we ordered it and it's on its way. Now, what was it she asked if we had any of?"
    "Poisonous spiders in the fruit department."

They had a sale in my local butchers today, 2 rump steaks for $5. I asked "How much is one?"
    "One is $3.50" said the butcher .
    "OK, I'll have the other one" I replied.

• Very lazy day here; spent a couple of hours with my feet up watching The Lady in the Van, the lovely true story of Mary Shepherd, the former pianist, nun and ultimately homeless woman who took up residence in the driveway of writer Alan Bennett's home. Maggie Smith played Shepherd - brilliantly of course. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have a good Monday everyone.
  • Annette - I very rarely watch films, but I really enjoyed 'The Lady in the Van'. Beautifully under-acted, and a lovely simple story simply told. They don't make them like that very often …