Poole Harbour Osprey Project MAY to end of 2020 season

/JULYLast month's thread.

ALL PICTURES AND VIDEOS: ©PooleHarbourOspreyProject

Beautiful female, Rutland's CJ7:

The hoped-for partner for CJ7, local male LS7, has not yet appeared.  CJ has been tending the nest daily and yesterday she took everyone by surprise, producing an egg - which took us by surprise by surviving... until midnight at least ;)

• The second one is especially elegant, ALISON, thank you for sharing! Balloon

This was the last frame before daycam:

The colour on the PH cam has gone wrong again this morning:

05:17 there was a landing on the campost, take-off 05:49.  Not 100% it was an osprey, and to support the doubt a corvid paid a visit thereafter.

07:12 CJ7 brought a stick and pottered - as you can see, she's rather washed out:

Empty crop, she doesn't go fishing early:

CJ7 flew off rather than up to the campost but shortly after there was a cambump.

If you don't have time to watch this <2m video, please skip to the end-ish for the 2 tiny squeals that accompany the cambump:

I'm taking a break.

• The nest has been a bit buffety all day but up to 16:10 there was a campost landing @ 14:29 and departure @ 14:49, nothing more of note that I spotted!

• No-one seen on nest for the rest of daycam, here was the scene @ nightcam:

No spider activity all night :o

No change in the scene until the cam went thru a convulsion prior to daycam:

No-one seen this morning so far, it looks fine an dry, with the colour restored:

• Lovely Raven corvid ...... and charming video with little squeaky call at end. Thank you Scylla

What great captures Alison, very well done and thank you
  • Up to about 12:30 only this Raven was seen on the nest - it had also been on the perch preening and vocalising, but here it had noticed something to make mischief with/at ;)

• Yes it is fine and dry down here, and far too hot, and only getting hotter as the week goes on.
  • Unknown said:
    Yes it is fine and dry down here, and far too hot, and only getting hotter as the week goes on.

I'm hoping that eventually you (and ALISON) will be able to get there with a long-lensed camera and treat us to some "environmental education", RICHARD ;)

03 August

As soon as CJ7 landed the cam went into glitchy (I put that info in the title frames because YouTubers don't necessarily visit here and see what we say):

She was on 'n off the campost, I think, but not on the nest for the rest of the day.

Nightcam scene, web looks good but blocking our view:

Maybe this spider does eat its web Thinking

The deer didn't cross the lane until about 06:35, no-one seen on the nest up to about 06:45.

• scylla said:
    Richard G B said:
    Yes it is fine and dry down here, and far too hot, and only getting hotter as the week goes on.

I'm hoping that eventually you (and ALISON) will be able to get there with a long-lensed camera and treat us to some "environmental education", RICHARD ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go Scylla. Something to keep you going.

I took this one last year. Just a photo of the nest, and it's not giving away any location info so shouldn't upset anyone.

The sticking up perch is now the campost.

• Unknown said:
    Something to keep you going.

Wow!  Thank you !!!  What a lovely tree it is Slight smile

I wonder how many seasons before the campost has to be extended Blush

• When i can I'll put up a picture showing campost.