GLASLYN OSPREYS – MAY 2020

• There was an intruder around not too long ago - from Heather
    Mrs G has left and returned. Now incubating.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• Mrs G had a quick comfort break and returned to shelter the chick. Camera tried to zoom in on Egg#3 but couldn't get it to focus. Mrs G removed the bit of red fish flesh from Chick#1's back.

Copyright Notices & Links

• Mrs G had a quick comfort break and returned to shelter the chick. Camera tried to zoom in on Egg#3 but couldn't get it to focus. Mrs G removed the bit of red fish flesh from Chick#1's back.

• In reply to SheilaFE:

SheilaFE said:
    There was an intruder around not too long ago - from Heather

Sheila, thanks for confirming it was an intruder. I noticed at 12h28 something was disturbing Mrs G. She flapped her wings and called, but I couldn't see who it was. Perhaps that was when the intruder was around. 

• Crack in Egg#3 a little more noticeable now.

The chicks move it and the shell can be seen from a different angle, no crack on this side.

Or here...

Aran gets near the cup...

....  but Mrs G arrives with a call, not sure she is complaining about a crow or telling Aran not to brood.

Another look at Egg#3

© Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife 

• Mrs G flew off again, and back. Then Aran flew off and back. I can't tellif it's a crow or an intruder. No alarm calls from either.

• In reply to Birdie Num Num:

Aran carefully placed a bark strip onto MrsG's back - it didn't get her up but the Ravens did!

Due to the usual tech tangles, I'm all behind - but having been bamboozled by #1 dropping a fish morsel onto #2's back and me only seeing "blood streaming down #2's back", I did a vid of the story: