First day of a new month tomorrow - will the forums be incredibly slow?

Since the turn of the year the forums have been incredibly slow on the first day of each month (January to April). Will this trend continue tomorrow on the first day of May?  Answers on a postcard please. Ian

• patily said:
    Have just got in Been trying off and on since about 6.30

Good to see you eventually made it Patily!

• Thanks, everyone, and thanks, Mike, for contacting headquarters. I've only just opened this forum and it loaded as quickly as ever. Perhaps in the interest of sanity and keeping the blood pressure down, all early risers might consider planning to have a nice, long, peaceful lie-in on the 1st of June!
  • Ian S said:

Since the turn of the year the forums have been incredibly slow on the first day of each month (January to April). Will this trend continue tomorrow on the first day of May?  Answers on a postcard please. Ian

Thanks for trying, IAN, but of course I was oblivious to your post so spent hours and hours battling and was crushed under the weight of it eventually, and gave up.

However, I did find a Cougar and an earwig on the Starr Ranch cams ;)

• At last the site seems back to normal although I have a feeling that I will need to resurrect this thread on 31 May Disappointed Ian

• Ian my post on LA took over 12 hours to appear on forum.   I did give up however I have had a very frustrating day with another matter, so it is time for a  

On Monday the 1st of June I am going to give it a miss 

• I had forgotten about the 'monthly disease' and it has taken until now for me to acess The Community. Yes Mary about 12 hours seems right to me. Now for hours of catch up- a mixed blessing! Thank you to all of you who have provided my catch up reading material.
    Helen
  • Not for me Ian, it was nearer 12 hours just couldn't get anywhere on the Community Forum- the main site was fine.  Just wish i'd remembered and not spent ages trying to follow the posts- oh well Slight smile

Ian S said:

At last the site seems back to normal although I have a feeling that I will need to resurrect this thread on 31 May Ian

• I wonder if the fault with the website caused this:-

Delivery incomplete

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to beccy.speight@rspb.org. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

I've never had this message before so the address must be correct?

Watch this space.

• Mike B said:

I wonder if the fault with the website caused this:-

Delivery incomplete

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to beccy.speight@rspb.org. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

I've never had this message before so the address must be correct?

Watch this space.

Mike, that wouldn't explain why the same issue arose on 1 January, 1 February, 1 March and 1 April as well as 1 May. I would be pretty certain that RSPB are running month end routines that are causing the problems. Ian

• The early morning hours today (02 May) were extremely slow, too, but it didn't last as long yesterday.